Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2003, 01:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool Tens and Thousands Rally For America

Thousands expected for rally supporting America

The Associated Press

As the United States moves closer to war with Iraq, as many as 8,000 people are expected to turn out next week for a rally in support of American troops and their families.

The event, which is being organized by Clear Channel Radio of Charleston, is scheduled for March 22 at Joe Riley Park. The city's baseball stadium on the Ashley River is home to the Charleston Riverdogs, a Class A affiliate of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

The two-hour event at the ballpark will include patriotic music, Boy Scouts and elected officials, according to a release promoting the event.

"We want our brave men and women in uniform to know, regardless of whether we agree or disagree with the war, that we all stand behind them and their loved ones," the release said.

At least three South Carolina congressmen are expected to attend - U.S. Rep. Henry Brown, U.S. Rep. Joe Wilson and U.S. Rep. Gresham Barrett.

Charleston Mayor Joseph P. Riley Jr., North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey and Mount Pleasant Mayor Harry Hallman also are expected to attend.

Organizers plan to hand out 6,000 American flags.

Clear Channel, which has held about 15 rallies nationwide, is the country's largest radio station chain and biggest concert promoter, with more than 1,200 stations, or about one of every nine across the United States. The company operates six stations in the Charleston market.

Check for your Area......
http://www.glennbeck.com/home/rally.shtml

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2003, 02:42 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thank you for this. I hope everyone will take time to look at the link and pass it on in their e-mail.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 03-15-2003, 08:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Pro-U.S. rallies planned nationwide
Coalition of groups sponsor demonstrations next weekend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: March 15, 2003
1:00 a.m. Eastern

? 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

A coalition of organizations is organizing multiple rallies across the country next weekend to give people who support military action against Iraq a chance to publicly take a stand.

"We feel it is critical for Americans to stand together to demonstrate to our fellow citizens, our soldiers, our nation and the world our resolve to support our troops, stand in opposition to terrorism and terrorists, and endorse the liberation of the Iraqi people," said Bob Johnson, national director of the Free Republic Network, and Jason Harding, executive director of Young Americans for Freedom, in a statement.

The two organizations are sponsoring what they call "Liberty Weekend." They also have the support of the American Conservative Union, the National Federation of Republican Assemblies and the College Republicans.

"According to a recent CBS News poll, 69 percent of Americans support the use of military action in Iraq. Removing Saddam Hussein from power and eliminating his weapons of mass destruction is a necessary step in ensuring the safety and security of Americans and of freedom loving people everywhere," said the statement.

The Free Republic Network website has posted information about the rallies, including a U.S. map where visitors can click on a location to find the rally nearest them. There also is a page for those who want to organize a rally and have it posted on the site.

While currently there are approximately 30 rallies scheduled, Johnson predicts that many more will be planned before next weekend.

"I think we're going to have over a hundred," he told WND.

In promoting the rallies, Scott Swett, chairman of the Free Republic Network, rhetorically asked: "After all, why should the leftists have the streets all to themselves?"

http://saturn.he.net/~danger/freepnet/

Sempers

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
Old 03-15-2003, 09:31 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Great site Roger, A lot of good resources, does my heart good to see the names of the sponsors.Thank you.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 03-15-2003, 10:27 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Thanks Drifter...

Always glad to see or hear about ANYTHING pro-America or pro-American for a change. All that pro-foreign (even pro a murderous-enemy) nonsense being perpetually propagated and bandied about by anti-American fools, is truly starting to get-me-down and disgusted.

Don't liberals (even intelligent and well-meaning Senators & Congressmen) know that capitulating to or demanding that America be politically-correct towards everyone on earth (even murderous-enemies) during any hostilities,...COULD PROVE NATIONALLY-SUICIDAL??? Is political oneupsmanship actually more important than survival for such politicos? It certainly seems so.

Neil
Old 03-15-2003, 10:41 AM

Default So, what else is new

It seems we are re-experiencing the 1960's Hawk vs. Dove conflicts. Pardon me, but I'm on my way out the door. Got a flight to catch to Berkely. Can't yet tell you what I plan on doing when I get there
Old 03-16-2003, 06:09 PM

I firmly believe that if these events were publicized as much as the anti-war rallies, more people would show up. Of course, the liberal media will only focus on one and not the other. I have not seen a bit on the American Troop Support rallies, though it looks like they were well attended. Thanks for the web site info. I knew we were not just sitting around.