The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2003, 12:15 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry God Bless The Freaking Media?

Now before we get started, let me say that (unlike the media) I have no idea of Scott Peterson?s guilt or innocence! And unlike the press, I have no crystal balls, tealeaves, phrenology experience, or Ultra- Godly insight!

I have, however, found it amazing that no matter what comes out in court that is in Petersons favor, a media kibitzer quickly explains it away! If, however, the material is anti-Peterson, these maggots line up waiting to get in on the feeding frenzy! ?Is Peterson guilty by pre-determination perhaps, and are the final stories in this case already written?

For example, after a courtroom scene today, yet another grinning and pompous reporter/expert (?) took apart Peterson?s presentation by calling Peterson?s performance rehearsed and pre-briefed by defense attorneys! (How in the Hell could they possibly know this?)

This sage-like reporter then said that the tears of Peterson were bogus, the public didn?t like Peterson (no surprise here, considering media coverage), and that the man was (in effect): ?As guilty as sin?!?

"I had no idea that journalism school prepared one to be judge, jury and ?God Almighty" - I now stand corrected!!

Gee, I wonder what will happen if Peterson (by some remote miracle, considering the fact that he has already been found guilty by a panel of his ultra peers in the press) is found innocent in the court where it matters? Freedom of the press, as many a sleazy mag has discovered, only protects one?s rhetoric so far! The multitude of lawsuits that could follow this case, should Scott Peterson be found innocent (?), will make the recent ?NY Times Debacle? look like a walk in the park. Instead of Peterson facing the music, it could then be the boisterous individuals, as well as the networks and rags that employ them, who will be in that proverbial sewer-pipe!

Well, at least the confessionals will be crammed, the bankers will be busy with rapid withdrawals, and the airlines will experience a rebirth of activity! And I also suspect that Journalism Schools will have a lot of openings, considering the massive, forced exodus in the industry? "This is not to mention, of course, the cafes and restaurants that will have to add boiled crow to their menu!"

Again, unlike the ?All Knowing Press?, I have no (absolute) ideas (pro or con), concerning Peterson?s alleged guilt. It is my opinion, however, that a few within the media would like to side step the trial altogether, and move right on to the hanging and Pulitzers! ?Hell, baring that, there are always the soaps!?

I am surprised that this case is not being heard in Australia, as the word ?Attempted Kangaroo Rape? [opinion] definitely comes to mind here! But then, ah yes, many a man (in reality) is guilty in the press, until proven innocent by the law - ?AND EVEN THEN?"

VERITAS :cd:
Old 06-06-2003, 01:06 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

Much like yourself,...I don't believe that the over-abundance of daily increasing Press/Media Experts on everything imaginable and their conjectures should replace Judges, Juries and ACTUAL evidence regarding any accused. Polls (as always used in politics and for governance),...eh maybe?

Still, and as to Scott Peterson, I think that ANYONE knowing themself to be unarguably at the top of the list of suspects for ANY CRIME involving Family around Xmas Time (normally time of Family Gatherings), and decides to go fishing instead,...automatically deserves to be hung for stupidity alone.

Guilty or not,...such a callous disregarde of both families (both victims inclusive) and outright stupidity at Xmas deserves no less than hanging. Don't you think? Hey, why knowingly make oneself appear like an uncaring, insensitive and pathological shlub,...even if actually one? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 05:03 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

RECON-

I agree! What Peterson did (ie- go fishing on Christmas Eve) makes him insensitive, maybe a lout, and maybe even an ass, but the last time I heard, none of this is a hanging offense!

If he did what he was accused of doing, then the law (without media orders) will prescribe punishment! I also worry more about trends and vigilante justice, than Peterson alone! If everybody and his brother can rush a jail, piss on the law, and hang those whom they (either alone or in a mob) consider to be guilty, then what will be the next instance of this kind of thing, and for what perceived crime!

OK, Peterson was not a quintessential husband! But for every Father Knows Best and Ozzie and Harriet, there are a thousand of Homer Simpsons and Archie Bunkers out there!

Old friend, excuses (even from politicos) are like ass-holes, in that "Everybody Has At Least One!" And if cheating (although definitely wrong) is a reason to hang someone, then our population would suffer a rapid decrease!

Now almost everybody agrees that if Peterson did the crime, he must (and will) be punished! But the same also holds true of his accusers, should Peterson be found not guilty! Or is justice a single-edged sword?

"Oops, has never been acceptable as an excuse for any fatal injustice. No more so, in fact, than the (alleged) crime itself should be if proven to be factual!"

Finally Friend Recon, although the things that you mentioned were certainly grounds for divorce if proven true, they hardly merit (if that is all that he did - and that is for the court to decide) a lethal injection! Execution by media and accusation, as far as I know, is not "YET" written into our laws!

Again, if Peterson is found guilty that is one thing! But that is for a court to finally decide and not some far-removed observer, sitting securely behind an editor's desk!

The law, like it or not, is still the law, and those who would attempt to illegally circumvent it are flirting with anarchy!

VERITAS
Old 06-06-2003, 09:05 PM

Gotta agree with you on this one HC.
It is amazing to me how the media "knows" exactly who, what, when, how, and why it happened. Only to change the story the next day.
Peterson's attorney is "spinning" the evidence.
The DA is stating everything without the spin.
Typical one sided media, know it alls.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:29 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

"Ain't it the truth!" And what pisses me off even worse is the fact that some within the media can be giving a blow by blow autopsy report (or something equally as gruesome), and have a grin (or is that smirk) plastered across their mugs from ear to ear! (Pulitzers anyone ?)

To them (Media) the principals in this case are just objects of personal advancement and fame - prima donnas, one and all, and more's the shame! Far too many of them have lost sight of what they are suppose to be all about!

VERITAS
Old 06-07-2003, 01:44 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Sorry Fellas,...

But, I don't put near as much faith in Our Judicial System as both of you do,...since The O.J. and: "If the glove don't fit, you gotsta acquite" scenario pretty-much set-me-straight. Evidence doesn't mean diddly-squat. Whom is best at Show-biz is what truly matters. A normal lack of plain old common sense of courts in general, also doesn't help reasure me very much.

After all,...just try putting on your tight fitting leather gloves over rubber surgical gloves (normally used for better gripping of surgical scalples also). Even doused with talcum powder, don't believe that such is physically possible.

Neil

P.S. Plus Friends, and since we live in a country where 500 or so lawyers and judges didn't even consider one receiving: "Head" during Working Hours in The Oval Office from a subordinate as even being A Misdemeanor,...only adds to my distrust of such a flip-of-the-coin, whom lies better and/or: "He said-She said" System of Justice.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 07:22 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

As usual Friend Neil, you call em as you sees em!

"Keep on firing, and keep your powder dry!!"

VERITAS