Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2008, 12:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default No sweat GI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperScout View Post
Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) is refusing to accede to subtle suggestions from Speaker Nancy Pelosi (Democrat-CA) and senior Democrat colleagues to step down as chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee while he is being investigated for a number of ethical lapses. Publicly, however, Speaker Pelosi, a Democrat, backs Rangel, a Democrat despite her vow to clean up Congress. “I see no reason why Mr. Rangel, a Democrat, should step down,” she said. Last week, Rangel, a Democrat, admitted to playing fast and loose with reporting and paying taxes on at least $75,000 in rental income on a villa he owns in the Dominican Republic. He is also being examined for below-market rentals on several New York City apartments and engaging in fundraising on congressional stationery for an academic center named after him. Rangel is reluctant to step aside, but even Democrats see the double standard here, since they are always bent on having Republicans relinquish their leadership posts during ethics investigations. Rangel, a Democrat, still has the full-throated support of his Harlem district, but his actions could taint Democrat races across the board in November, including Barack Obama’s, another Democrat, presidential run.

I have absolutely NO PROBLEM whatsoever in agreeing with you in this particular case SuperFella!

Rangel should be forced to step down from his leadership role by Pelosi, no doubt.

But, this also works "both ways"...............Larry Craig was NOT "forced" to step down by the Republican Senate Leadership as the "ranking member" on the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee while HE was "being investiagted" for his "conduct" and UNethical behavior?

I never said the "dems" weren't guilty of a "double-standard" sometimes, only that the "evidence" supports the "repubs" are clearly MORE adept and much more likely to be guilty of this "behavior".

Many of the "examples" I've shown above prove this.

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2008, 01:30 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SuperScout,...

Believe you've nailed it good and proper by showing that there actually TWO sets of
Double Standards, afoot.

One such being that when typical whining: "Democrats" are proved & documented
scoundrels,...such Wonderful People should dare never be questioned in the slightest.
Whereas, and quite differently, any Republicans merely thought in the wrong or falsely
accused of such,...must be publicly pilloried at minimum.

The second obvious Double Standard is actually quite: "LooneyTunes" and/or largely
perverted by a press/media acting & informing as if also on DNC Payroll, in that the;
"Democrats" are always honest, forthright, and unquestioningly to be believed,...
and that quite differently Republicans/Conservatives should always be considered
Truly Bad People with Ulterior Motives.

Know the second Double Standard displays quite some political party role-reversal.
But, just watch a few TV interviews. Unless some Fanatically Devout Dem Hack like
Gimpy or much more notable hacks like Rangel, Carter, Clinton, Kennedy or Pelosi,...
you'll see exactly what I mean. All alluded to only see themselves & clique. Nothing else.

Neil