The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2003, 12:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default A Good Read!

[Not certain of the author, but I wanted to pass this on.]

I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to sue somebody for singing a Ho-Ho-Ho song in December.

I don't agree with Darwin, but I didn't go out and hire a lawyer when my high school teacher taught his theory of evolution.

Life, liberty or your pursuit of happiness will not be endangered
because someone says a 30-second prayer before a football game. So what's the big deal? It's not like somebody is up there
reading the entire book of Acts. They're just talking to a God they
believe in and asking him to grant safety to the players on the field and the fans going home from the game.

"But it's a Christian prayer," some will argue. Yes, and this is the United States of America, a country founded on Christian principles. And we are in the Bible Belt. According to our very own phone book, Christian churches outnumber all others better than 200-to-1. So what would you expect --somebody chanting Hare Krishna? If I went to a football game in Jerusalem, I would expect to hear a Jewish prayer. If I went to a soccer game in Baghdad, I would expect to hear a Muslim prayer. If I went to a ping pong match in China, I would expect to hear someone pray to Buddha. And I wouldn't be offended. It wouldn't bother me
one bit. When in Rome...

"But what about the atheists?" is another argument. What about them? Nobody is asking them to be baptized. We're not going to pass the collection plate. Just ignore us for 30 seconds. If that's asking too much, bring a Walkman or a pair of ear plugs. Go to the bathroom. Visit the concession stand. Call your lawyer.

Unfortunately, one or two will make that call. One or two will tell
thousands what they can and cannot do. I don't think a short prayer at a football game is going to shake the world's foundations.

Christians are just sick and tired of turning the other cheek while our courts strip us of all our rights. Our parents and grandparents taught us to pray before eating, to pray before
we go to sleep. Our Bible tells us just to pray without ceasing. Now a handful of people and their lawyers are telling us to cease praying.

God, help us. And if that last sentence offends you, well..........just sue me. The silent majority has been silent too long.. it's time we let that one or two who scream loud enough to be heard, that the vast majority don't care what they want..
it is time the majority rules!

It's time we tell them, you don't have to pray.. you don't have to say the pledge of allegiance, you don't have to believe in God or
attend services that honor Him. That is your right, and we will honor your right.. but by golly you are no longer going to take our rights away .. we are fighting back..and we WILL WIN! After all the God you have the right to denounce is on our side!

God bless us one and all, especially those who denounce Him...God bless America, despite all her faults.. still the greatest nation of all.....God bless our service men and women who are fighting to protect our right to pray and worship God...

May 2003 be the year the silent majority is heard and we put God back as the foundation of our families and institutions.

Keep looking up......In God WE Trust. If you agree with this, please pass it on.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2003, 12:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

100% agreed Scout, 100%.

Whoever it is on the liberal side who got and keeps this dispute going is simply very very wrong to do so, in this country anyway.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:58 PM

like blues 100% but you know as well as I do the nut'sare falling out of the bag.
razz
Old 08-19-2003, 01:21 PM

Send a message via ICQ to hooah Send a message via AIM to hooah Send a message via Yahoo to hooah

you tell 'em SuperScout! It's about time someone told 'em! Keep up the good job! I agree with everything you said and I'm gonna pass this post along. It's great!
In GOD we trust...100% always!

You can find us in the horizon...
Old 08-19-2003, 03:17 PM

Default S'Scout

You are by far much more polite in your assestments and comments to those in that ultra-small minonrity that would take away for the vast majority, the right to pray. Me ? When someone tells me I have to stop praying because "they don't believe in God, I simply start praying OUT LOUD for God to strike them dead. That usually either shuts them up, or they ask me to stoop praying about them and then they leave me alone.
Yes, God tells us to be tolerate of the unbelievers, but he also tells us to "shake the dust of those who reject Him from our shoes and to not look back". One day they and all the rest of us will stand before God Almighty and give an account of how we either served Him or rejected Him and then receive our judgement. God makes no bones about it in the Bible, Torah, and other books of religion. Know, know peace and joy. No God, no peace or joy.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Like I said before, none of these professional anti-God complainers have any problems with God on coins and bills. Go figure.

Larry
Old 08-20-2003, 11:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

This almost looks like a replay of the "Scopes (Monkey) Trial!"

The pendulum doth indeed swing in two directions, and what was politically correct in yesteryear (1925-Tenessee maybe), may have a different acid effect today!

Hell, in the Middle East, and even Dark Age Europe etc, people have (and still do) slaughter each other over purely religious matters, tolerance not being a strong point in the human character! And even a State or two (RI and Utah) were founded (and or) cemented upon, the right of each and every citizen to believe, or not believe, as they saw fit!

As for uttering a prayer at a public event or in school, in my opinion - it is as much one's right to do so (pray), as not to do so! And by praying, one does not attempt to infringe (or impose) upon another's beliefs, but merely to express his (or her) own!

Hey, maybe we should do in schools and other public places like they did in bars and restaurants as concerned smoking - two sections - ?Prayer and Non-Prayer!??

Bottom line- this is yet another case where a minority is attempting to dictate to the majority! It reminds me of this stray cat that recently marched in and attempted to take over my property! The ?FELINE-SOB? didn't live here, or pay any rent here, but it sure as hell demanded to be fed, watered and catered to, and upon it's own schedule and terms I might add!!

"The reasonable will of the majority must prevail in the United States?, but if a person wishes not be involved in a religious practice, then that too, is his (or her) right! It is, however, just as wrong for that very same person (or minority) to attempt to dictate terms, policy, or personal practice (within reason), to a majority, as it is (was) for anyone to attempt to obliterate what we as a nation are all about - "FREEDOM IN MOST THINGS!"

If courage, self reliance, and hard work, are the backbone of what we are, then self-determination in religious practices must also be part of the spine of freedom! Or have we arrived at a point in our history, when any one malcontent (or minority group there-of) sets the standards that we all "MUST" live by?! And this, just because a particular religious practice may offend their personal sense of values?

With God being systematically removed from our sacred documents, one has to wonder if some in government are giving more value and credence to minority whim, than to majority mandate!?

VERITAS
Old 08-25-2003, 06:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to grasshopper

awesome Scout!
ya know , the older I get the less tolerant I am of the frickin' 'blleding heart' society. When will they wake up???
I agree.. it is about time the majority stood up to be counted.. after all.. we all know it is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease!

Thank you for this interesting thread
Susan

~Vote PATRIOT FILES in the \"Top 100\"~
Old 08-27-2003, 06:17 AM

Scout,

You go ahead and do what you feel is right and so will the rest of us. The lifespan of the human is very short in some cases and we all call upon those who comfort us in our time of need.

Those who believe in nothing (or the hereafter) are the ones I feel will suffer the most. But because they may or may not believe the same way I do doesn't mean I hate them or would not save them in a time of need. Those characteristics come from within and your upbringing.

We can always think our feelings and express them in our deeds and in the way we treat others. One having faith or a belief in a great cosmos superbeing is his/her choice and it can never be taken away from you.

The power within each human surpasses the ignorance of those who would try to tell you anything different.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"