The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Cell Phones

I no longer have a phone line to my house and thank God for that. My Alltel phone bill used to read like a book. There was a charge to access my property? They charged me to come on my land, That was the straw. I called Alltel and told them to come and get their phone line off my house and that I was going to charge them $100. To access my back yard. They never showed up and just kept billing me. I cut their wire and threw the bill in the fire place.
I get a phone call from their collection department that I was delinquent and that the phone service would be shut off, Ha Ha, I told the lady I sent a letter to Alltel and advised them to take their phone stuff off my house and got no response so I just cut Alltel’s wires off my house and put them in the trash. I gave my new cell Number, She called me and She said "You can't do that, That's not the way we discontinue service" Ha Ha again, I informed her that my not be the way Alltel does business but it is the way I do business. I was paid in full up until I wrote and told Alltel to get their stuff off my house, They choose not to, I could care less if they left that cut line connected to their phone system forever. She said well you owe the remaining bill and there would be a disconnect fee, Ha Ha one more time, and I told her to please hold. She may be still holding?

I now have a Sprint cell and a Version Cell, My wife also has a sprint. The bill is exactly what I signed up for and no hidden charges, and not only that I get to answer it when it rings instead of a answering machine.
Cell phones are the Best and worst thing that happened to the way we communicate, And they do that in the same sentence. I walk around with 2 cell phones and more than a few times I have had them both in an ear.

Does anyone still have that phone line still connected to their house?

Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phone%20disconnected.jpg (39.7 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 02:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron,

I like the way you handled that!

I had issues with Alltel also.

I had a pre-paid cell phone service.

They didn't bother to tell me about the "inactivity fee".

Wait...what?

I'm going to be charged for NOT using the telephone?

I don't think so.

Seeeeee ya!

Steve / 82Rigger
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hmm Around here Alltell is only a cell phone company and is the best and cheapest. I still have a land line (Sprint) because it was the cheapest way to get DSL internet out here in the sticks.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:53 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

That's really not the way to handle a business, but I was just giving them what they give everyone all the time.

1 cav
I can't remember how long it's been that I had a phone line internet access. I’ve had cable for a long time and about a year or so ago my wife had Fiber optics installed at our house.
Even though DSL says they are "high speed" they really are not. They are high speed when compared to dial up but not cable and certainly not Fiber optics, Just try to run the Wii games on DSL, Wont work. I don't even know who my internet provider is, ( Comcast cable).
I think it's Microsoft.
By the way, You know what DSL stands for?

Ron
Old 03-15-2009, 07:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default My first cell experience

was years ago with Sprint. Had a "bag phone". Worked well for the technology at the time. They then became 360' so I stayed with them. Eventually Alltel bought them out, and stayed with them. I have never had a hidden charge with them and everytime I wanted to try another company, was told by the other company they could not match my service for the price. My bill is paid monthly automatically out of my checking account through my debit card. The only problem I've ever had with Alltel is when my debit card number changed. An unbelieveable hassel to get them to fix it with my new number. The last call I made I told them that if it wasn't fixed today, I was done with them forever. It got fixed. Alltel has now been bought out by Verizon. If I get as good service as I did from Alltel....except for the inept people in their billing dept, I'll be happy. I guess different places are different with service. Well, I never had an Alltel land line so cannot really comment on Ron's experience, except I like the way he handled it. Also, Deb and I got rid of our land line years ago and do not regret it. 99% of my calls on our cells are people we know. Have my internet through my cable company. Damn expensive but very reliable and fast. Charter is our cable company.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 03-15-2009, 08:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

We just got cable out here a few years ago. I tried it but it was too expensive compared to Dish Network and land line DSL. Dsl works fine for what I do though there are some times it gets a little slow when busy. It is worth the $40 or so I save a month. What does DSL mean, Ron?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to coachman
Distinctions
Contributor 

2 cells for me and moma, internet and home phone is thru my cable company and everything works great. I got rid of land line several years ago, only reason I have the phone now is it goes with my cable.

-Juvenal
C.50-C.130

“Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government
that requires every citizen to prove
they are insured……but not everyone
must prove they are a citizen.”
Old 03-17-2009, 04:58 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

1Cav
DSL = Digital Subscriber Line.

If people are happy with dial up or DSL , thats all that matters. I had dial up a long time ago with a 14 modem, I hated that sysytem and it would also kick me off, most of the time while I was in the middle of something. When Cable offered internet service I had to have it. Cable is trully high speed and reliable. Comcast has a power boost which is 20 meg. Comcast also offeres fiber optics, which is 100 meg, But having 100 meg and being able to use 100 meg are different, it's hard to pour 100 gallongs of liquid threw a garden hose.

Ron
Old 03-17-2009, 09:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I used Comcast cable for a while. It was fine and the internet was definitely faster than dialup. DSL is in the middle on speed.