The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Concerns

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2009, 09:21 AM

Default Questions about VA Hospitals; Especially in INdianapolis

I was diagnosed a few years back, by a local neurosurgeon, as having polyneuropathy. I eventually talked to a vet who asked me if I was a Vietnam Era vet. I told him yes. He told me about the agent orange connection to the disease and directed me to our local Veteran's Affairs office and now I'm going to need to go to the VA hospital in Indy to have an EMG and possibly some other tests. What is this experience, other than the test itself of which I'm familiar with, going to be like? Is it going to be the typical "hurry up and wait?" Will I have to go there several times over a period of months, getting more appointments and not missing any of these or I'm back to score one? This is what I'm anticipating.

Thankyou for informing me about this,

Dr. Who
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2009, 09:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Doc

All VA hospitals are different. Some great, some good, some suck paddy water. BobK (b3196) is from Indy but don't think he uses the VA. Were you an "in-country" Vet? If not, no reason to have one.

The AO exam is basic. No big deal but good to get. Been many years since mine so don't know if it's changed. Maybe some of the guys here who've had them recently can be a better help.

If you were in-country, who were you with? I think I saw on your profile 3rd ID. They are real close to me at Ft. Stewart.

Take care bro.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 AM

I was at Ft. Knox, then Ft. Rucker, then in Kitzingen, FROG. I believe the army subjected me to agent orange during Basic training because the symptoms first showed up at Ft. Rucker during AIT.

Thanx for the info. Any more from you or anyone else will be appreciated. I'll contact my Veterans Affairs office here and see if they can give me some input.

Thanx again,

Dr. Who