The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2009, 10:07 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Arrow Melody

I’m sorry I’ve taken so long to get to this. In my own defense I want you to know my request for the guys to stand down on the “enough is enough” thread was not a manipulative move on my part (as was suggested by a poster on PF 2) to use your grief as an excuse to bury the thread at the back of the General Forum on PF1 hoping everyone would forget the discussion and move on. That’s not how I roll. My friends and family would know that.

I don’t know if you know this but I’m a survivor of two Vietnam Veterans (husband and brother) that died from aggressive AO related cancers rated 100 % service connect by the VA . I am the survivor of three family members (husband, brother, and mother) that died from cancer. I was a single mother of two and caregiver of both my husband and mother (my husbands care and death preceded my mothers care and death by 11 years) I watched my husband, my brother and mother not only suffer but go from robust health to a shadow of who they were. I know you have been there and done that.

We are the sum total of all our life experiences and each experience colors our thinking process and our choices in this life. The request I made on that thread came from a woman’s heart that has been trained by a life time of experience to sort out and focus on what needs taking care of first and leave the secondary stuff to when you can get to it. All I was thinking when I made that post Melody is your needs were bigger than theirs and as a family we needed to focus on your needs first. Perhaps I saw your needs through the lens of my own experience and felt you needed a peaceful place free of the "chatter" that had gone on for days on end. No doubt at age sixty five I’m coming from a different time and place that demanded all warring parties cease and desist until after the wake.

I just want you to know that I love and respect you and even more so because I’ve walked more than an mile in your shoes. I would never do anything to hurt you or use your sorrow to farther some nefarious agenda.

Thanks for being such a medic and helping the guys out on the other site. Lord knows most are less than tech savvy and need all the help they can get. I'm appalled at them all uploading documents to a site that has zero security. No need to reply unless you want to. I understand.

Take care out there,

Arrow

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2009, 07:42 AM

Arrow, sending you a response along with the reasons for the new name....

First off I was in no way offended by anything you said. I am not and was never mad or upset with you at all!

Off to write a PM

Well I just remembered that you have yours turned off and I don't even know if I have mine turned on yet either. If you wouldn't mind could you drop me a e-mail?sunshineintx11@yahoo.com There are some reasons for me wanting to be private about this, not a problem with anyone here but a family matter. THanks!!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Good to see this communication. "The bond that links your true family is not one of blood but of respect and joy in each others lives. Rarely do members of the same family grow up under the same roof " Bach
Old 10-07-2009, 08:08 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Arrow

Melody thank you for the reply. And yes I'll send you an email as soon as I get off here. I've got some things I need to get done today so I might not get a reply back to you until tomorrow if you send a e-mail back today. But I will get back to you as soon as I possible. Thank you again. I appreciate hearing from you. Arrow

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 10-07-2009, 09:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Good to hear my Sis is alive and well and Mel its good to see you on line. I hope this will be a start to get our on line family back togeather I miss everyone alot.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I still Love: Arrow and Melody!

Love both you.
I have been keeping touch with Melody on Facebook.
Sometimes the ridiculous arguments which take place make me stay away.
Discussions are welcome but when we become so emotional we start calling names, well I don't need that in my life.

Keith
Old 10-07-2009, 11:31 PM

Arrow,
I understand where you are coming from. I am a survivor of non-hodgkins lymphoma from exposure to Agent Orange. I fought a long, hard battle in 84-85 but won through the grace of God.

Mike
Old 10-08-2009, 08:40 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Arrow

Lt, Chris, Keith, Rafter,

Thank you for your kind words. Rafter, thank you for sharing your victory over cancer with us and welcome to the site.

Angels on you six,
Arrow

Old 10-09-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_Hixson View Post
Love both you.
I have been keeping touch with Melody on Facebook.
Sometimes the ridiculous arguments which take place make me stay away.
Discussions are welcome but when we become so emotional we start calling names, well I don't need that in my life.

Keith
Thanks Keith, LT and Chris.

Keith I quoted you because I couldn't agree more. THe political discussion stuff keeps me well away. Not the views but how nasty it gets. Just not my thing. I have enough name calling going on in my family here at home, lol

Love ya Keith and many of you. I have alot of respect for ya'll, even ones I dissagree with. It takes alot of stuff to have that ware off.