The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2007, 07:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default "...a swift sailing vessel..."

"Resolved, That a swift sailing vessel, to carry ten carriage guns, and a proportionable number of swivels, with eighty men, be fitted, with all possible dispatch … for intercepting such transports as may be laden with warlike stores and other supplies for our enemies, and for such other purposes as the Congress shall direct.... Resolved, that other vessels be fitted out for the same purposes...."

In the Continental Congress assembled,
Philadelphia
October, 1775

I proudly dedicate this post to all US Navy personnel and veterans everywhere on the 232nd anniversary of the birth of the United States Navy.

Steve / 82Rigger
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2007, 06:26 AM

Default RE: "...a swift sailing vessel..."

Well I gave them 12 years - should have gone the distance but wanted to raise a family and be home.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 10-17-2007, 04:50 PM

Yup boats between the Army and Navy I gave 22 years. An Army and A Navy that has never failed its country.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAVY TO ALL SAILORS....ESPECIALLY MY DAD, (GUADALCANAL), AND MY BROTHER, CT SPOOK, VIETNAM, N.KOREA, CHINA, USSR, and all points in between.

Bob's right....they have never failed!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 10-24-2007, 11:32 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Just before a recent Patriots game, the color guard, which consisted of sailors from some ship (I forget which one) were standing around waiting to be led out for the playing of the National Anthem. Not being one to miss an opportunity to give a dig to a rival service I walked up to them and said, "What scurvy bunch of anchor-crankin', mermaid-munchin' swabbos!" One of them asked which service I was in. GI's KNOW!
Old 10-24-2007, 02:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

We coasties just get bounced from organization to organization. Dept. of Transportation, Homeland Securities... What next? Still had a great time in for the four and a little more I had. People and places I miss the most. "While all the other services are playing war games, the Coast Guard is still doing their job." No matter the service, we salute all those who served and are still serving.