The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2003, 01:21 PM

Default Microsoft

I heard they are putting out new software to put an end to spam. Hope so... you should see some of the stuff I find in my mailbox! One even had my name on it as the author....ID theft is rampant as well.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2003, 01:29 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb

MOM -

I did see a television add advertising "Spam Smashing Software", but all that the one that I viewed promised was to greatly reduce the stuff?

Hopefully, the Spamers won't figure a way around it?! :cl:

VERITAS
Old 11-18-2003, 01:38 PM

Where there is a will there is a way....unfortuneatly.

Still one can always hope....the first time I saw that stuff on my computor I freaked.....what the heck would I want with THAT sort of thing......! and after the third time of informing the FBI of internet fraud ( you can have millions if...) I gave up.....they keep popping up regardless.

My husband put a few safeguards on my computor so it's only 5 or so a day that slip by....into delete files. I still have to check them first....some of the subject lines give a good idea what would be in them IF I cared for that sort of thing.....How come they don't get the message we don't want it?
Old 11-18-2003, 01:50 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

ALAS, THE POWER OF BIG MONEY & HUGE CONNECTIONS!

VERITAS
Old 11-18-2003, 01:58 PM

Yes, I know. Have been informed that my work of 5 years is up on a big website. I understand they are getting 70.00 per person to take a look at it. Still, it's only 70,000 of the 108,000 I have been researching (family tree stuff).
Old 11-18-2003, 02:37 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Internet

Ya have to make a choice, Free and open internet, or not.
The spammers, as much as we don't like them, have just as much right to the net as any one else,

What would be better is to make a way to reply to an e-mail without opening it, that way you could send them 400 Black pages that say stop on them without opening there e-mail.

I did that once to a company that was sending me Fax's. I asked nice for them to stop , and the next one they sent, I sent them back a Black sheet of paper that had small white letters saying stop, And I said 200 copies to be sent.
Never heard from them again.

Ron
Old 11-18-2003, 02:47 PM

My husband said to ignore them or I'd get hundreds more. All they want is confirmation you exist and your name is then sold to.....whoever. I'll take his and my brother's word for it. I don't like what I'm getting now....more would be a nightmare.

And yes they do have the right to be A holes God bless em.....just don't answer them is all.