The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2003, 04:04 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Next of Kin of Tiger Survivors - Korean War

Thought You Guys Might Like To Read This!!!!!!

Mrs. Hardcore - Tiger Survivor Next of Kin

Greetings to all the Next of Kin of Tiger Survivors. For many of you it has been a long time since I E-mailed you. I hope you have been getting my Newsletters.

Today I wanted to tell you of the agreement reached between our government and the government of North Korea relative to next years searches. Below is that news release and after I will make a couple of comments:

U.S., North in accord on new MIA searches

The United States and North Korea have agreed to conduct five searches together to recover remains of American soldiers still listed as missing from the Korean War, the Pentagon said. The representatives from Pyongyang and Washington held talks in Bangkok last week to arrange the operations.

Of the 88,000 U.S. soldiers missing in action from all conflicts around the world, more than 8,100 are from the Korean War. The two countries agreed that the effort would begin early next year, the Department of Defense said on Monday. Unsan County, about 96.6 kilometers (60 miles) north of Pyeongyang, and the area near the Chosin Reservoir will be the sites for the
seaches.

Since 1996, U.S. teams have worked with North Koreans in 27 operations and recovered the remains of more than 180 soldiers.

Joong Ang Daily, NK News

COMMENTS: The North Koreans have once again refused searchs in known Prisoner of War Camps. The Unsan County was a battlefield and not a POW area. To date the NK has not allowed any searchs in POW camps.

This is regrettable and I know how anxious you are about this issue. Please know that our side did push the NK for such searchs but were refused just like in the past.

I hope you have all donated DNA samples to be entered into the Defense Department data base for identification.

Be assured that should I get any information that could impact you I will immediately send it to you.

Wishing all a most wonderful holiday season. Keep the faith.

--
Love,Peace and Freedom
Shorty the Tiger

www.TigerSurvivors.com