The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2003, 07:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default 24 years,...

...ago,...

...coming up within the week is my 24 year aniversary of apprehending a gun slinging local from Natchitoches,...

...things haven't changed too much down there as I actually called up "Herold" a couple of nights ago on my anual basis,...

...what is different is that the Va. adorned me with my hearing aids last Thursday due to that accustical trauma back then, and it's like listening to yourself through a Public address system, way too much backround noise, but they say I'll get "used to it", doubt it,...

...what hasn't changed is that in the last 3 + years, I've been able to come here, and let off steam,... I can't do it at the Va. because I don't fit in, more or less, with "group's",...

...It hits me harder as time edges closer, not manageable yet, but am not as close to the edge as in prior years,...

...I suppose the next week will be a litmus test again, have been "jump started" awake 5-6 times in the last couple of weeks, but it hasn't been the sheer "terror" that it once was, (I'm not swinging, and swearing, and sweating, or grabbing at anything to throw,... ?marked improvement?,...

...I suppose there is never getting over it, just working your moments around it until "leveling off", trying not to whine this year, you men, and women have taught me a lot over this ride, the ticket for my ride didn't have any rest stops for 18 years, and with the grace of you all, I have rode through some thick walls, lots of bumps, and although I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel, I do feel that there are unseen people out the that do, and have cared for me during this trip, and I thank you all for being there,...

...drink up, bars open,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2003, 07:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

You have come a long way grasshopper , er Terror , Curtis. So have I and probably a few others. These are good men and women here ready to hump your ruck when things get too heavy. Thank you Curtis and keep movin brother. I'll have a Crown straight up please.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default seems,...

...to run hot, and cold,...

......As the saga continues,...

...being on the pissed side of things today, and the couch again last night as not to disturb my wife, I deceided to call the Va as I have not spoken to them in a while, and was in a mood to lambast them for their slacking on mine, and so many other cases,... just was really in tune for giving "anyone" an ass chewing weather, or not they deserved it,...

... just wanted to gnaw on someone,... anyone, or thing... for the treatment that so many of us have had to endure after serving faithfully, honorably in our Nation's military,...

...so don't they shoot me down,...

... just as I was about to let loose on them, the voice on the other end of the phone is telling me their going to "up" my compensation for PTSD, to what degree I don't know as it is going/at the ratings board,...

...A GAF of 46 is what I'm labeled with, and although I don't fully understand the in's, and outs of it all, one of our members,(no names mentioned) says it's some serious symtoms,...

...just venting as to let off steam, and I really wanted to chew some ass, and don't they turn my sails inside out,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 11-24-2003, 02:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Curtis

Just keep firing! We've got your flanks and fannyside covered! You're doing well indeed!!
Scouts Out!! .. on point

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-24-2003, 07:55 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

What Scout said...

and everything you ever wanted to know about PTSD and filing a claim but were afraid to ask click on link:

http://www.ptsdmanual.com/

Arrow>>>>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."