The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2003, 07:50 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up Its About Time

After an introduction by Donald Rumsfelt that sounded like something echoing out of the Roman Senate, twenty centuries ago, the President, after plastering praise upon other Republican denizens of Olympus, finally got down to business!

The Defense Authorization Act finally recognized the true heroes of the War on Terrorism, the kids in the field!!

For those of you following the news and I am sure that is just about all of you, you know that we lose members of our military on a daily basis in the Middle East. It is about G-Damned time that members of both political parties get down to the business of recognizing the sacrifices of our troops, quite blaming the other political party, and concern themselves more with the well-being of our forces, and not with their own stinking agendas and egos!

It is still my opinion that the Defense Authorization Act was more the work of the American Public, who neither seek nor will get any credit for it, than the government itself! A great amount of pressure and anger has been generated by the people and the military as well, to get this act passed, and in my opinion, it should have become a reality long ago!

When it takes the retention of power alone to shake the shallow morality of certain powers, and force them to do the right thing, then a few within those powers are misguided and vested indeed!

Regardless, and as sad as it has been, both parties have finally put their pissing matches aside, and done something for our military, even if we did have to wade through a sea of politically deifying horse-shit to get there!

?CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BRAVE MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM, AS WELL AS OUR HONORABLE VETERANS!!?

VERITAS
Old 11-24-2003, 09:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up HARDCORE...

Your title/heading sez-it-all. Well,...for me anyway.

Regardless, and even though the points well made and/or well stated, I would add that: "America's Finest" have for quite some time been ACTUALLY DOUBLE HEROES,...since besides normally always expected to accomplish the impossible in a greatly restrictive manner,...such HEROES must alway do so while micro-managed and micro-restricted by civilian amateurs and/or politicos/lawyers.

Still, it is sad that SO MANY DOUBLE HEROES (the body count climbing every day), unfortunately now TRIPLE HEROES, won't get to see the recognition that they so richly deserve. Well,...not from here on earth anyway. Truly sad.

Regardless,...the best that this nobody can do is give his Salute and GarryOwen TO ONE & ALL. Plus, I've no doubt whatsoever that all Americans salute you ONE & ALL for your bravely and courageously fighting a: "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE", on the behalves of Americans,...ONE & ALL. We Thank You.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 09:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up

RECON-

Well said!!

VERITAS
Old 11-24-2003, 12:55 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Well,...HC.

You don't have to get all silly about it, Buddy.

Regardless, wish I knew how to get all those other Smilies on my posts?

Neil

P.S. What do think about the latest murdering of Americans and/or the comparison made to Somalia? Isn't it truly some sick shit???
Old 11-24-2003, 01:26 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Don't you know that is why they did it?

They are trying out all ways available to make us turn tail and run.

Old 11-26-2003, 02:40 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default D-Joy...

Gotsta disagree. That sicko breed in Mosul does what they do for money and because inherently and inately predators normally acting as a pack of wolves, and especially when an unaware and easy prey presents itself. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I say kill all young male Iraqis when gathered in a large greedy group and/or large shark feeding frenzy, as seen last night on TV. In Mosul, a duece-and-a-half with two 101st Airborne were giving-out food/supplies(?) as fast as they could to what seemed like an extremely wild-eyed, unruley and insatiably greedy mob.

While what I believed to be foolishly rewarding murderers for the previous day's double murder and savage body desecrations,...a colonel was being interviewed on camera. He said words to the effect: "The more we give them,...the more they want". "Don't any of them work"?

Sorry Colonel. But whether such a breed has work or not,...watch your ass around such murderous scum, and go The Old West routine. If it looks hinky or threatening,: "Shoot first, and ask questions later". Besides, wounded scum tend to better inform on and give better Intel about their fellow scum anyway,...and especially when urgently needing medical attention. Bleeding to death is usually a quite good encouragement for spilling ones guts out,...and quite quickly. Wouldn't you think?

Neil
Old 11-26-2003, 07:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

My, My, Neil, you are starting to sound like someone who is genuinely pissed-off! Maybe if you (and all of us) would pound-off a few letters to those who make the decisions on such matters, they might eventually catch on!?

I just read a piece, e-mailed to me from a Gulf War Site, that claimed the retention rate among career military is falling off?

Don't know how much fact there is to this, but I get the feeling that a few of these honorable guys and gals are none too pleased, and the piece that I read claims that the Pentagon is starting to resort to what they termed as - "STOP-LOSS?"

Again, don't know how much truth the piece e-mailed to me entailed, but I do know that trust in a lot of those who dwell within the Middle East is vastly over-rated!? (opinion)

VERITAS