The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2004, 11:30 AM

Default Welcome to the USA

When young Jose, newly arrived in the United States, made his first trip to Yankee Stadium, there were no tickets left for sale. Touched by his disappointment, a friendly ticket salesman found him a perch near the American flag. Later, Jose wrote home enthusiastically about his experience. "And the Americans, they are so friendly!" he concluded. "Before the game started, they all stood up and looked at me and sang, .... 'Jose, can you see?'"

Might as well get use to Mex jokes.

enough.....
Old 01-20-2004, 02:37 PM

reeb,

That was really good -

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 04:03 PM

Boats

Another one tomorrow morning,

Thanks..

enough......
Old 01-21-2004, 06:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to travisab1

Did you hear about jaun the traveling Mexican?

Travis

I could sure use another one right about now...
Old 01-21-2004, 07:23 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Hey guys...

We have thousands of members on this site. I'm sure more than one is of Mexican heritage. Every member is of value and should be respected.I know there is a lot of resentment because of what is happening on our Southern border. I'm in disagreement with illegal entry into this country from any group at any time. On the other hand we have a huge Spanish speaking population in this country that are here legally adding to the economy and sending their sons and daughters off to fight and sometimes die. I would ask that you all give that some thought before you go on with this thread.

Arrow>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 01-21-2004, 09:01 AM

Sparrow,

We didn't mean anything by it I have a Grand-Daughter whose 1/2 Spanish and 1/2 Italian. It depends on those reading the joke if they really are looking for intent or just a little humor.

Being Italian I've had my share and I some really funny - but not meant to hurt to that degree. If someone hurt by this I apologize and so would anyone else.

Don't get over sensitive - jokes are jokes and like I said some are really good and I still chuckle when I read them.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 01-21-2004, 10:10 AM

This post wasnt meant to downgrade anyone.

Heck my daughter in law and grandson are mexican, and they got a kick out of it.

Sorry if I jurt any feelings.

enough.........
Old 01-21-2004, 10:40 AM

Default Non Mexican Story

WHY IS IT THAT WE HAVE TO SPEAK ENGLISH?

An officer in the US Naval reserve was attending a conference that included admirals from both the US Navy and the French Navy. At a cocktail reception, he found himself in a small group that included personnel from both navies. The French admiral started complaining that whereas Europeans learned many languages, Americans learned only English. He then asked: "Why is it that we have to speak English in these conferences rather than you speak French?"

Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied: "Maybe it's because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you would not have to speak German." The group became silent
Old 01-21-2004, 02:38 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to travisab1

Did you hear the one about the Irishman the Scotsman and the Frenchman? They all got sentenced to 20 years solitary confinement. They could take anything they wanted to confinement. The Irishman chose 100 kegs of whiskey, The Scott 100 cases of Cigarettes, the Frenchman 100 tons of fries.

After 20 years the Irishman was dead, The Frenchman was dead & the Scotsman asked for a light.

My ex-brother-in-law's sisters son married a Mexican. She was an only daughter.

Regards,
Travis

I could sure use another one right about now...
Old 01-21-2004, 03:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Travis...

So then,...and if I am to understand things correctly, if you would have changed The Frenchmen with the 100 tons of fries to A Mexican with a 100 tons of tortillas in the good joke,...such would then become an ethnically hurtfull and/or politically-incorrect hate joke to many in America??? NONSENSE.

Besides, Proud Americans should only find jokes about other Proud Americans distasteful, just as most other nationals do.

Neil