The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2004, 07:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

OK...I am willing to watch you pick apart the post, if you fail to, that says more than words...

"The original post was so full of half-truths, distortions, urban myths, and other variations from reality that it doesn't even warrant a reply."

Larry
Old 01-28-2004, 08:05 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb

Good Point By The Dude -

If the data in his post is incorrect, point out the mistakes - I would like to see them too? Not with partisan emotion from either side, but rather with provable facts!?

"That is, after all, what this site is all about!!"

VERITAS
Old 01-28-2004, 09:49 AM
Doc.2/47

Question:if it is OK to call the President of the U.S. a lier without proof that this is so,why is it necessary to provide proof that a piece of blatent popaganda is untrue?

Woulda thought that what is good for the goose is good for the gander would apply here.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

One last time, where are the mistakes in what I posted ?

Larry
Old 01-28-2004, 11:16 AM

Thumbs down

Nope. I won't vote for him.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 11:43 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Mistakes in the post

I?d like to rebut some of the original post. Note, if I can vote for Edwards I will not vote for Bush. No Edwards, probably vote for a third party candidate.

He became president after loosing by 500,000 votes: Please read about the election of Hayes Vs. Tilden, Tilden clearly won both the popular vote and should have won the electoral college. However some really dirty politics gave us President Hayes. Lincoln sure didn?t get a majority and J.Q. Adams had a brokered presidency, which was dirty pool. Anyone who doesn't believe JFK was elected by Mayor Daily and the grave yards of Chicago is living in a dream world. Also note, everyone knows going into a race that popular vote don?t mean a tinker?s damn, it?s all about the electoral collage and always has been.

First President with criminal record: False, Andy Jackson killed a man in a duel after dueling was outlawed, an investigation but no tirial, politics? A. Johnson ran over a woman with his carriage and killed her while President. That was vehicle homicide but being President he almost got a fee pass, he had impeachment procedures brought against him but that fell one vote short. I think it was Wilson who got a speeding citation while he was the president, no fine assessed.

Invaded two countries: With over 100 Indian wars under our collective belts, how many sovereign nations did most of the Presidents of the 19th century invade? Or were native Americans less that countries, less than Afgan's or Iraqi's? Spending a billion a week, ok, but we don?t pay soldiers $13.00 a month anymore. Plus the people who make the bombs and bullets, food and other suplies don't work for $.50 a day.

Bankrupted U.S. Treasury: During the history of our nation presidents/congress have run a deficit for more than 200 years. Also the Constitution says the president can't raise a single penny, never could, that is the job of congress.

President who shattered the record for annual deficit: Remember how much a house cost in the 1940s? Roosevelt had a deficit of more than 3 trillion dollars, or was it 4 trillion.

Biggest drop in stock market: In numbers yes, but by per cent absolutely not. Hoover gets the prize there. Jackson comes in a close second or maybe the collapse actually took place right after he left office and it was Van Buren. Sorry to lazy to look it up.

The biggest energy crisis: Does anyone else remember very long lines at the gas stations in the 70s? I thought that was the biggest energy crisis.

Homeland security is a huge new bureaucracy: Yes it is. Is home land security a bad thing? What would people think if we didn?t do anything, if we didn't have someone in charge of homeland security?

Broke more international treaties than any president: No, that?s not true. International treaties prohibit the bombing of civilians. FDR wins the prize for bombing German and Japanese cities. Fire bombing cities today might even make me mad.

U.S. removed from human rights committee: True and we were replaced, but by whom? The U.N. is a fine place for corrupt politicians who represent 3rd world countries who haven?t mastered the fine art of indoor plumbing. The placing of countries like Cuba or Iran on committees such as Human Rights is a pathetic joke.

UN inspectors were not present for the 2002 election: True. If they were who would have paid for them, U.S. tax payers. What good would people who do not have free elections do inspecting our process? Would that be a waste of money adding to our deficit?

Fewest number of press conferences since the advent of TV: Wrong, TV was invented in the early 1930s. JFK was the first president to use them because he did good in front of the camera. Why do we need a press conference? We do have several cable TV networks that tell us things that 40 years ago would not have been possible. Which policies that G.W. is following don?t we know about? (Note/ prior to Kennedy there were radio and newspaper press conferences however the questions were always written out and given to the President at least a day prior.)

Pre-emptive attack without the will of the people or world community: Well, what about the Mexican-American War, (Very, very unpopular in most of the North) and President lied regarding the "Spot Issue"? What about the Spanish-American war (Spain had nothing to do with the sinking of the U.S.S. Maine)? What about the 100 or more Indian Wars? Also, the majority of Americans do support the war with Iraq, or at least the last stats I saw said so.

Lied in the State of the Union speech: Something mastered by LBJ. By the way, France, Germany, Russia and Clinton all agreed that Saddam had WMD?s. The only question was, what do we do about them.

First president to have a majority of Europeans view him as biggest threat to world peace: Wait a minute! It was just a few years ago that Reagan wanted to deploy Pershing missiles to Europe. People protest everywhere and for a long time. Course then the Berlin Wall came down so I guess we forget.

Stay healthy (sorry so long),
Andy
Old 01-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default MD

Ok I'll give you some.

you said"I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week. "
We are in Bosnia, Italy, France, germany, Korea, Norway, Iraq, Afganistan, Pannama, cuba, Dominican Republic, And so on. We are the keepers of the world. I don't know where you got your $ amount, but I would say, It cost what it cost.

You said "I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine,
and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. My Texas
driving record has been "lost" and is not available."
Many people get and ple guily to any number of charges, 1976 is almost 30 years ago, He paid his fine. The state said that was good enough, and as far as his records go, if they were lost how did you get them? Either you lie and they were not lost, or there not lost in which case you lie.

you wrote. " I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union.
During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most
smog-ridden city in America. I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.
I set the record for the most executions by any governor in
American history.

The polution laws were "changed" to provide the rest of the country with oil and gas, unless of course you would like to pay $5.00 a gal for gas. If so he'll change them back. Personnally, I think any state that gets Gas and oil should also bare the coast of producing it, what ever there state wants to bare, If your state wants no polution when oil is produced, Your gas will coast you at least twice as much. end of problem.
Taxes, Just not true, I would know Im a taxpayer, we pay no state income tax.
Executions --- You damm right, You come to Texas and commit a hanging offence and you will get hung.

Im tired of defending this, I'll just say.
Its the truth that President Bush is the best president ever, according to undisclosed sorces, and the best govenor according to the Republican star news paper. Now that we have the truth,

Ron
Old 01-28-2004, 12:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks for the posts. I will retort as time permits. I agree, I like Edwards a lot. A campaign against Bush by him would be fairly civil for a change.

Larry
Old 01-28-2004, 08:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default PS

Half-truth - so GWB was elected with the help of his father and friends in the oil business. So what? Practically every other governor in Texas has been elected the same way; so are you impugning the fact that GWB has a father, or has friends? What about the millions of proud, happy voters that elected him?

He didn't invade and occupy two countries. The United States Armed Forces accomplished that, and you drooling mouth-breathers are too blase can't admit it or realize it?

Have you considered the fact that Executive Privilege is alive and well in the White House, and that this governmental process is allowed by law and by the US Constitution? Which one of these institutions do you geniuses want to abolish?

Bankrupted Texas in borrowed money? We run on a balanced-budget process down here, soooooooooooooooooo

I could go on, but I'm really tired of trying to teach you chickens how to whistle.

PS: I have a marvelous suggestion: for every lie, distortion, or half-truth amply rebutted, refuted or rejected on the basis of truth or fact, how about a retraction from the original poster, with an apology thrown in as an example of magnamanity and decency?
Attached Images
File Type: gif zzz.gif (122.4 KB, 25 views)

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-29-2004, 05:28 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SS

A retraction, Not gona happen.

Ron