The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2004, 07:13 PM

Default View from the inside....

I most heartily agree with you, Gimpy!! Let me tell you what I see on the inside of the VA.....

1. Chronic and dangerous short staffing throughout the Critical Care areas and Med/Surg wards.

2. Vets who need placement in nursing facilities and cannot afford it because of cutbacks, so they stay as inpatients in costly inpatient VA beds.

3. Chronic shortages of supplies and equipment.

4. Crooked administrative officials "cooking the books" to make it look like the situation isn't as bad as it is, so they might get their BONUSES for staying below the budget lines.

5. Lower COLAS and allowances which serve to inhibit the recruitment and retention of qualified and GOOD people to serve our nation's finest. Heck, the facility where I work can't even keep a physician Specialty Service Chief to sign off on our Policy and Procedure manual, so that there is a decent level or standard of care that we provide our vets with!!!

It's gotten worse since Bush took office, believe me. I'm there. I see it, every day. But I'm staying here in the trenches, because I'm a disabled vet and I have a vested interest in this system. I stay because I figure it can only get better.....and besides, I'm good at being able to do something with nothing, and that seems to be what's going on here.

Now that I've had my say about a politically "heated" topic, I suppose this thread will get censured, too.

sendpm.gif