The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2004, 05:58 PM

Hey brah. I would just feel better had we kept on al Qaida like the early days. Then Hamas, Hezbolah, Islam Jihad, etc.

Instead...

QUAGMIRE!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2004, 06:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

If you can not see were the old Iraq fit into the war on terror it is because you refuse to see it.

Have you ever been to the middle east? I spent just shy of one year there.

What do you call a man and his family that are directly responsible for the deaths of almost three million people?

What do you call a man who uses poison gas on women and children?

What do you call a man who invades his neighbors for money and oil?

What do you call a man who allows his soldiers to rape and murder women and children?

Do I need to go on or have you figured out these are TERRORIST activities?

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 03-15-2004, 06:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

See ya Ironside, on down the trail...

Take care
Old 03-15-2004, 06:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Quote:
Originally posted by Ironside Hey brah. I would just feel better had we kept on al Qaida like the early days. Then Hamas, Hezbolah, Islam Jihad, etc.

Instead...

QUAGMIRE!
How do you know that we have stopped?

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 03-15-2004, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by catman If you can not see were the old Iraq fit into the war on terror it is because you refuse to see it.

Have you ever been to the middle east? I spent just shy of one year there.

What do you call a man and his family that are directly responsible for the deaths of almost three million people?

What do you call a man who uses poison gas on women and children?

What do you call a man who invades his neighbors for money and oil?

What do you call a man who allows his soldiers to rape and murder women and children?

Do I need to go on or have you figured out these are TERRORIST activities?

Trav
And a guy that has CWMD.
And goes shopping for uranuim in Africa.
And would attack the United States in the form of a mushroom cloud.
And a guy that would harbor al Qaida.
And a guy that would be prepared to use CWMD within 45 minutes.

Now, those are the reasons I remember Bush giving for invading Iraq.

What happened?
Old 03-15-2004, 06:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Iron.....

Exactly why is Vietnam off-topic within this topic. I was under the distinct impression that you Kerry enthusiasts were driving the Vietnam ?war hero? aspect as being the cut above-cause de jour.

Lot?s of VN Vets here and I?m sure we are all ears when it comes to learning about Kerry?s feats of daring-do and have them put in context with some proposed next step in Iraq. Surely ya?ll n' all have a plan to go along with yer condemnation, right?

So how about it, how is all that VN war hero stuff going to play out in the war on terror/Iraq/Afghanistan? Ya?ll going to do a VN war repeat and just call it quits or what? Oh, by the way, are you a VN Vet?

Scamp
Old 03-15-2004, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Iron.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Seascamp Exactly why is Vietnam off-topic within this topic. I was under the distinct impression that you Kerry enthusiasts were driving the Vietnam ?war hero? aspect as being the cut above-cause de jour.

Lot?s of VN Vets here and I?m sure we are all ears when it comes to learning about Kerry?s feats of daring-do and have them put in context with some proposed next step in Iraq. Surely ya?ll n' all have a plan to go along with yer condemnation, right?

So how about it, how is all that VN war hero stuff going to play out in the war on terror/Iraq/Afghanistan? Ya?ll going to do a VN war repeat and just call it quits or what? Oh, by the way, are you a VN Vet?

Scamp
Let's not put words in my mouth. You speak for you, I'll speak for me.

Thank you.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Magnificent sidestep Iron. Alas, you were speaking for you, putting words in your own mouth and I was speaking for I and asking relevant questions. Oh well.

Scamp
Old 03-16-2004, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Seascamp:
I was under the distinct impression that you Kerry enthusiasts were driving the Vietnam ?war hero? aspect as being the cut above-cause de jour.
Me? No! Others? I don?t know.

Quote:
Nope.

Quote:
So how about it, how is all that VN war hero stuff going to play out in the war on terror/Iraq/Afghanistan?
I for one, would feel better knowing a man that has fought for his Country when called upon is mpre worthy of doing so than a man who used family influence and power to duck the same war, while over 300 Americans a week were being brought home in boxes.

Quote:
Ya?ll going to do a VN war repeat and just call it quits or what?
Y?all? Do you know something, I don?t? Am I going to be on the Kerry?s cabinet? It wouldn?t bother one bit, if he pulled them out on the spot. He won?t though. You see we live in a Bush Box. It isn?t about what we want to do anymore. It?s now, what we HAVE to do, to correct the wrongs of this Administration. That includes finishing the job Bush started in Iraq.

Quote:
Oh, by the way, are you a VN Vet?
No, I just missed Vietnam. I wanted to go there. My father had just returned from two tours a few years before I enlisted.
The 1st Armor Division wasn't in Vietnam.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ah yes,

... the return to the Land of Logic gone Astray: so by your warped sense of argument, we should have opted for pukes like Calley, as he "fought for his country"? Like peeling an onion, we're finally getting down to the little bitty teeny weeny bit of what you're all about.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."