The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default A bit of advise

This came from Frank AKA XGRUNT. Get yourself a spiral notebook and keep notes of when where why and how you were feeling. It is the nature of PTSD to not remember specifics so keep a PTSD Diary. When you are on time and the Doc is late and you start to get agitated, note DTG and events and how it affected you. then read the stuff to the Doc when you get in to see him/her. Also, request that you get into an anger management group. You have to have symptoms and treatment to get compensated. AND It does help. I go every Tuesday at 2PM, speaking of which I gotta go. Sometimes we have some pretty good fights
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2004, 10:39 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Good advice Sid, I did this same thing and it really helped me to understand the feeling I have and also to get my claim through. Just rated at 30% for PTSD but every little bit helps.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:19 PM

seatjerker its me Doc Snake you gota get to MH on 10th fl. they have good docs, I got Goodman an lots of valium to keep the rest of the world safe.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:51 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Curtis

Shit!..I meant to talk with you before your C&P and I spaced out on it.Wanted to tell you to never go to a C&P exam alone,to bring a brother or someone to help keep you grounded-for obvious reasons.This will more than likely go down as a NO SHOW on your records,which is bad juju on a C&P.If you haven`t done it already,you`ll need to ask for another appointment...soon,as I believe there`s a time limit on this.And for God`s sake,bring someone with you if and when you get another shot at it,and as stated above by Sid,document why you had to bug out and show it to the doc.Call me if I can help you out in any way.

Peace,Griz
Old 05-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Doc.2/47

C&P stands for compensation and pension?!?Never really knew.Always kinda thought it must stand for condesention and pressiness.

Curtis-
Fall back.Regroup.Then give em another go.Most of those folks figure it's their mission in life to make sure you that you not only do not get compensation but that it appears that it's your fault that you didn't get it.Don't let em win.

Sure wish you didn't live so to hell an gone far away so that I could go with ya.Be plum tickled to hold that rascal while you...er...ah...applied for anger management group.

Note to self:Find out if they got anger management groups in this neck-o-the-woods.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Et Tu,...

... "Most folks figure it's their mission in life to make sure you that you not only do not get compensation but that it appears that it's your fault that you didn't get it.Don't let em win."........

...It's something about going there on "my behalf" that sets me off, don't have a lick of trust, I can go for the patient's 4 of July picnic, and wheel them out, or down stairs to the pavillion, but to go sit in a hallway, and wait like a pig being led to slaughter sets me off, takes me back to the first "psych" idiot that wrote me up, then wrote me off back in 80,...

... through all of this, they have me feel like I was the guilty one for doing what I did, and now I'm just taking up their time, and space, having felt unworthy for so long has rooted deep, and I have found it easier to just quit the process through the years, and hide,...

...I have learned more here through everyone on how to try to control the PTSD in everyday life, and living in my own little world has been easier then trying to relive it in theirs, I have wanted to "take ""it"" out on them" for years, but I know that isn't the answer either, they have only compounded the issue with their shuffling of the deck as they are the "house", so to speak,...

...going alone probably wasn't good, but I don't have anyone to go with, I've asked for "group", and was again given the "I don't think you'd fit in speach", and was offered an EDMR program of which I researched, and the success/ failure rate was 50/50, and it looked like vodoo to me, not me,....

...My far away counseler says I should do it for my kids, and that was/is the only reason for the reappeal on rating, but the reliving of it all, esp going for a "psych" test just takes me back to my first PH*#k over by them, and although I know it wasn't "these people" that screwed me then, that bell goes off, and their them now, and I don't want to go off, and hurt anyone, so I'd rather hide it away,...

...I sure hope that kid grows up to be something special,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 05-13-2004, 06:17 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Illigitimi Non-Carborundum

Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default doin'

...better,...

...called Frank, my original counseler to explain, and realized partially what set me off was being alone, but what I failed to mention was while I was sitting there, a security guard, came around the corner, and I stiffened, so to speak, felt like a set up, big gun, big guy, big blue uniform, and again, all I got is knives, and fists, and feet, and knees, elbows, ahhhh,......

...Anyway, from my conversation, it seems the "good Dr." seems to have worn out his welcome, and might be out the door, If I'm the straw that broke the camels back, oh well.... while chewing his a$$ out, he proclaimed to have seen 3000 patients, and I shot back, "Yea, were you late for all of them also", bada bing,....

...so I'm hyper critical, I know, but that's what happens,...

...will try to reschedule, and bring someone, thanks for the advice,...

...still movin',... still grumpy, what else is new , but feeling better,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 05-13-2004, 10:00 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb VA

Larry, you may be going at this all wrong. Show them your business card and explain the paranormal thing. Then explain the out of body experiences and how you can fall down while still sitting in a chair. You?ll definitely get the doctor?s attention, if not put on the top of the list.
Seriously, When I first visited the VA re: PTSD I was told I COULD NOT have PTSD. I held the same job for over 20 years and was married to the same woman for the same period of time. Fred, Hal, Packo or Bill R may be able to explain it better but those are no-no?s. Sorry John but that?s going to make it harder for you too.

Fred, Annette would never divorce me. It?s my charm, my flirtatious attitude, my smooth sense of humor and a very large life insurance policy.

Curtis, I?ve told you the most terrible torture you could suffer would be getting tied to a chair and left alone in a room. You?d totally whack out within a couple of hours. Sitting entirely too long in a hospital waiting room and then seeing the doctor is exactly what you need to do. Of course they may decide to keep you for 2 to 6 weeks (or longer) but that will move the paperwork along a lot faster.
If you really don?t feel you can handle a wait and then the appointment on your own let me know. We?ll go to the hospital together and I?ll handcuff you until your called to see the doctor. Just like the airport in Atlanta, you won?t be worrying about others, they will be worried about us.

When Sid got his 100% at the party, that was hands down the highlight. Six years is a long time but a little retro pay is a nice way of saying, ?I didn?t give the bastards the satisfaction.?

You all stay healthy. The longer you live the more you disappoint the VA.
Andy
Old 05-13-2004, 02:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Andy :

The shrink at the VA told us I had "pervasive PTSD"....whatever that means...hopefully 100%.

Larry