View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2004, 02:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Geezzz Ron.......

.........would you please stop shuffle footing around and just spit it out. You don?t care for Kerry?s BS trip or the NYT or the LAT, right? LOL.
And yes, there are 3 million of us VN Vets and a whole bunch smell a rat with this Kerry stuff and some will speak out but many are just flat burned out with it all. As well, some will ship to the Kerry camp. That's what reality is all about and I really wonder if some of the Kerry numbers are the same or similar mob he cited in his Senate testimony of long ago. In fairness, I'm sure there are some absolutely lagit VN Vets in the Kerry camp that are there for their own reasons those reasons are probably lagit as well, of course.

Every Sunday I get a copy of the San Francisco Chronicle and the Reno Gazette Journal just to keep tabs on what is going on with the printed media mind. Sometimes it?s comic opera and sometimes rabid, bad dog serious and sometimes just editorializing behind the thin veneer of supposed ?news? reporting. The other media forms have more or less grabbed the wind out of the sails of the printed media business so what we got now is ?Opinion papers? and it seems like the more whacked-out the opinion is, the better. As well, both the NYT and LAT have to deal with serious professional credibility problems as they seem make stuff up out of thin air, mindlessly itch when the Liberals scratch, plus act like they are on the DNC payroll. Yikes, maybe they are in on the DNC loot flow but just aren?t admitting they are being paid to beat the DNC pots and pans. So, all in all I?d never accuse the NYT or the LAT of being objective or real about anything. Maybe the ?funny paper? section has taken over both publications, who knows. Heck, I still miss ?Little Abner? and my favorite Abner characters ?Daisy? and ?Earthquake MaGoon?.

Well oops, looks like I'm getting into a case of topic drift, but on the other hand, I'm one of the named "worms" here so I guess I'm doing a "worms eye view" of sorts, as we are thought to be drifty as all hell, LOL, or so I gather.

Scamp
Old 05-25-2004, 05:25 PM

"In the NY Times article this weekend, entitled "Vet Wars"... the author pointed out that Kerry has "17,000" vets signed up on his Vets For Kerry website..."

Well, considering Kerry's track record with the Winter Soldier Investigation & all the lying wannabe's who pretended to be vets, it's pretty questionable whether all 17000 are really vets..probably lot of 'em just slime sucking wannabe's.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 06:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Advisor

Awright, now, quit holding back, and finally tell us who you really feel about wannabees!! BTW: most of them that I've encountered are too stupid to know how to vote, so there's not much of a threat.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 05-29-2004, 08:33 PM

SUPERSCOUT

Trouble with wannabe's is that even though they're too stupid to vote, they are not too stupid to know how to breathe. Can't stand the bassards.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well

I sure as hell ain't a "wannabee", I been called a lot of nasty names (stupid ain't one of'um), "bassards"??? maybe a FEW times...........but NOT TO MY FACE without somebody "spitin"out a few teeth!

I'm voting for Kerry/Edwards.................and I'll probably vote fer'um again four years from now for their SECOND TERM as well!

Anythings better than that lieing, cheatin, bunch of no-good, half-wits in charge of destroying this country as we speak!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, as RR once said......"are YOU better off NOW than you were 4 years ago"??

Ask the 6,000,000 folks who've lost jobs these past four years!

Or, the 500,000 veterans waiting 6 months or longer for a VA doctors appt?

Just asking?????

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:56 PM

This is all I get to choose from?
Bush
Kerry
Nader

I'm just as tempted to vote for my cat, Dum-Dumb Kitty. I'm beginning to like his answers to everything...
1. Eat
2. Bathe
3. Eat
4. Sleep
5. Sleep
6. Sleep

Gee, he can't do much worse than the knucle-heads that we trusted to make our decisions for us.

Okay, this hasn't got much to do with a Presidential election or any National elections, but more of a State issue...

There is one thing that I would really wish to change in New York and that is the fact that they NEVER have real issues on the ballot. About the only things that we have a direct say in involve school budgets.
The law to require hands-free equipment for cellphone use while driving was never put to a vote by THE PEOPLE! Politicians voted FOR us. I really don't like the law-by-proxy situation in this state. I like to make up my own mind thank you very much. I bet that Smoking Ban would never have passed a vote by the people. Not that I dont agree with it, but it should have been worded differently.
That is the one major thing I miss most about California. Some of their state's laws might be way out there, but THE PEOPLE voted for or against them.
The first time I went to vote here in NY I asked where the propositions were posted so I could review them before I voted, since I never received them by mail. The blue haired old lady operating the works looked at me like I had lost my mind. "We don't do things that way here in New York State."

Really. Yep, that would be the biggest thing I would change here.

In the constitution it states...Government of the people, for the people and by the people. I guess here in NY we have government FOR the people but not OF the people. Thanks to Chuckie Shumer and Hillary as well as that ...I'm going to use an objectionable word here...Guinni, Bruno!
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 07-10-2004, 08:03 PM

Default vote poll

Is it enough to say that I'm a card-carrying member of the "Veterans AGAINST Kerry" campaign ??

Yeah, GW Bush has made his share of mistakes during his tenure as President, but at least he hasn't aligned himself with Hanoi Jane and the likes! Nor has he maligned the 3,000,000 Vietnam Veterans, like Kerry did, accusing everyone of us of gross violations of the Geneva Conventions and of murder of inocent "civilians.

GW Bush will get my vote !
Old 07-10-2004, 08:20 PM

Gimpy, you need to read or maybe reread the new thread 'Heaven or Hell'. If you think Kerry will do anything for vets once he is elected, your mistaken my friend.

Hank
Old 07-13-2004, 11:23 AM

I wish they'd have a box called none of the above. Its a shame that by the time the people get a chance to vote were down to two choices. None of which I'd vote for. I cross vote when have to and I'm not strung out on one particular D or R candidate.

I'd like to see more Wild Cards come into the deck. We need to stir up the pot its getting old and needs to be cleaned out.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 07-14-2004, 08:31 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Boats...

For me it's much simpler, since I believe that me, mine and America stand a much better chance at surviving during wartime with President Bush.

Besides, how could I possibly go along with candidates whom can only be differentiated from The French, Germans, Russians and their UN and like-minded counterparts,...ONLY BY THEIR ACCENTS? Additionally, that Dems/Libs would do most anything, even give-away-the-kitchen-sink to: "Recapture The Whitehouse",...such aren't exactly MY KIND OF PEOPLE to start with. Prefer more honest and honorable types.

Hey. Call me: "Chicken" or whatever, Boats But, I'm most certainly no suicidal-fool or political hack, and have to go where knowing I stand a much better chance at surviving. Dems/Libs INSIST on just the opposite and/or quite deceptively for voting purposes that: "Everyone should love everyone" is the answer to everything.

Neil, A Staunch Survivor