The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2005, 10:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I hate ice storms

We've also had a couple of ice storms. Lots of accidents people falling an breaking bones. Snow is much easier to live with. Andy, you can come and visit with me . . . . we don't have alligators in Washington. Just Chris and Griz and me which could be worse than alligators.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2005, 10:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Keith
I suppose it was icy out when you broke your arm.......while playing golf.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 01-31-2005, 11:36 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Keith

I would visit you but the airlines have to listen to me. Each plane should be divided into 6 sections. Smoking and non-smoking, cell phones and non-cell phones, terrorists and non-terrorist. Seriously how is a smoker supposed to go from Massachusetts to Washington without taking a few drags? Wing walking is not my thing.

You and Chris and Griz at a picnic table with lots of food on it. Yep, I'd watch my hands and feet lest they become part of the menu.

Hey Dan, you go down a hill with lots of twists and turns and ice on the road, before the sanders get out and it doesn't bother you? Your a better man than I am. Last year got caught in a wicked ice storm on Rt. 202. After doing a 360 and just missing the guy who for some reason came to a stop in the middle of the road in front of me, I stopped too.

You know, Vietnam was just like an ice storm. You were in a skid, just able to effect the out come a little while saying, "Lord help me!"

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 01-31-2005, 03:14 PM

No question about it, this weather sucks. It dropped down to 72 today, with a wind chill factor of 67.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

My first post on this was at 01-29-05 06:40 AM and within an hour after that post we lost power because of a pine branch taking out the power line that feeds the house. Took them until about three in the afternoon to get the line fixed and we had power for two more hours when another branch took out the same line. It's now 9:30 p.m and they just got the power back up about twenty minutes ago. House is now warming up again since it hasn't had any furnace for the past two and a half days and my mother-in-laws oxygen machine is now running again. Keep that damn snow and ice up north of the Mason-Dixon where it belongs. There's a reason that Jeff Davis wanted to split from the Federals and form a confederacy of warmer states.