Distinctions
VOM 
Default Welcome

I never met you but what a beautiful PATCH,welcome home brother
Old 10-16-2003, 08:07 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Montana Kid!!!!!
Welcome aboard Montana. It's really good to see you again. How did the btn website turn out? I know that you put a lot of work into it. You should post the link here. Did you bring Indy with you?

Guys, I'm really excited to see Montana come aboard. He and Indiana were the first two to welcome me onto the old board. He always has excellent level-headed posts and he's pretty darned good at busting wannabes too. He's very well read and a great source of info. He put me onto the Keith Nolan books several years ago. I'll let him tell his own story, but I will say that he came home shortly before the FSB Mary Ann incident and I believe that he knew many of the guys that were there at the time of the attack.

Another real hero in my book. Welcome aboard, Montana.

Chilidog
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 09:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Yep this seems to be the rally point from that other place. Welcome here and Welcome Home !
Old 10-17-2003, 10:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Welcome back, Montana!!

It's been a long time. Too long!
Come on in and grab a cup of Joe!

Airborne!

Steve / 82Rigger

Steve / 82Rigger
Old 10-17-2003, 06:23 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

MontanaKid it's really good to see you back with us. I thought we lost you. It's so good to know you and your family are well. I always read your post on the other site and learned a lot from you. Welcome home...

Little Sparrow aka brokenarrow...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 10-20-2003, 09:23 AM

Wow,
I'm humbled by all the new posts. Since chilidog asked, here is the link to my battalion web site www.1stof46.com. If you go to the forum link there, and proceed to the year-by-year memorials. I set up this part. Another 1/46 vet Ken Sukimoto is responsible for setting up the site. The memorial is to more than 250 men who were members or in close support (actually fighting with us) at the time of death. One interesting thing I've noticed. The pace of death in our battalion remained pretty steady from 1967 though the first half of 1971. People who just read press reports or overall statisics think the war "wound down" from 1969 through 1971." But not for the units that still had to fight it. I corps remained just as deadly for the Americal in 1971 as it was when the division was formed in Chu Lai in 1967. The overall death toll, of course, declined as the Nixon administration disengaged the army divisions in IV Corps, III Corps and southern II Corps and the Marines in I Corps. For the Americal and 101st in I corps, things were still very fast and furious. Anyway, look over our site. I'm proud of my battalion. Looking back over 35 years, platoon aidman of 3rd Platoon, Charlie Company, 1/46th Inf is the job I'm proudest to have held.
"No one has greater love than this; to lay down one's life for one's friends.". John 15:13
Old 10-20-2003, 01:24 PM

Default My son Jeff

Some family news that might be of interest here: My son, Jeff, Age 23, has also seen the elephant. He's a SSG and commands a Bradley fighting vehicle with the 1st Armored Division in Iraq. He's had some contact. A dud roadside bomb got his attention a little while back when a big boom rang through his Bradley. Turned out he had a lucky escape; the makers of the bomb had screwed up and could only blow the det charge. The arty round it was attached to did not go off. He had a closer call a couple weeks ago, a fierce rpg, automatic weapons attack. His Bradley was hit, but he came out okay.
My oldest daughter, and oldest child, now 26, serves the country in another way. She's now a foreign service officer with the US State Dept, stationed in Nigeria. As you might imagine some of the political appointed positions in Colin Powell's State Department are former Generals. The under secretary that swore Mandy's class into the service was a General and referred to Mandy's class as his "new second lieutenants."
"No one has greater love than this; to lay down one's life for one's friends.". John 15:13
Old 10-20-2003, 05:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Congrats Montana for your great kids
May they both serve safely and come home to tell about it
Old 10-20-2003, 06:26 PM
Doc.2/47

Welcome! This bunch needs all the medics it can get.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:19 AM

Montana - welcome home - It's amazing how life moves on.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"