The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2003, 11:06 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Keith,

We don't disagree on the values of respect for authority, old folks and protocol. We just disagree on the application of said values. I would be hard pressed to muster any respect for the authority and protocol ofa government wrapped in a religion called the Vatican. Their very demands to respect their authority, protocol and old men that run the show is exactly what has fostered the climate in which untold numbers of pedophiles have been able to hide in plain sight. If someone has got the courage to stand up at the Christmas Concert of the Vatican and tell them they need to repent you won't see me shedding any tears for her lack of "protocol".

I am as ever your tacky Sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2003, 05:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

What Keith and Scamp said...

What she did was a form of intellectual "terrorism"... and I carry no brief for the Vatican.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:12 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

I know everyone wants to believe that every Catholic home for children was like Father Flannigans Boy's Home just like the movies. Suffice it to say that they were not.It is not my goal to turn this young lady into Joan of Arc.I do appreaciateher truth it matters not to me whereshe tells it. It seems a bit extreme to me to accuse her of intellectual terrorism I would describe her words more akin to telling the emperor that he has no clothes.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 12-16-2003, 09:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hi Sis,

As is human nature the act will be remembered but not the cause or the words. No doubt the Vatican needs a proper scolding over their inert stance and indifference over the child abuse issue. However, all Hill managed to accomplish was to diminish the issue and herself and put the Vatican in the role of the aggrieved party. I call that one huge step backwards. The core issue is with the US clergy that turned a blind eye to child abuse issues and I would think Hill would want to raise the hue and cry with the actual wrong doers not with an inert symbol of times long gone.

Scamp
Old 12-16-2003, 10:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Sis,

Sis,

What she did was very similiar to what the Dixie Chicks did. I don't have any sympathy for the Vatican and their cover-up methods. Common courtesy says, don't go into someones home and insult the host. She could have made her statement and done it better in a proper venue. All she did was make a fool of herself. The things the heiarchy of the Catholic Church have done over centuries in nations around the World, the acitivities of the militant Jesuits and their facist like activities in the name of God is disgusting and deporable and by no means am I trying to justify such despicable deeds. But, lets not act like ugly spoiled Americans in the process, it draws attention away from the problem and focuses it upon the tacky individual.

Keith
Old 12-16-2003, 11:01 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Dixie?

Dixie Chicks? I don?t agree Keith. Back in 1968 at the Olympics remember a runner named Tommy Smith? He won the 200 yard dash or something similar, when our National Anthem was played at the medal ceremony he looked down to the ground and raised his fist. He was an embarrassment and did not help his cause, better race relations.

If this woman, who I never heard of, really wants things to change she blew it. An act like this would probably get those old boys to think, ?We are too open now, that?s why we got insulted. Lets get rid of all of our paper trails in the future. Lets close down all information.?

For the woman to have any legitimacy to her audience she would have to be recognized as, if not a good Catholic, at the very least a good Christian. One who had led a life where she had some moral ground to stand on. Not knowing anything about her I don?t know if she?s standing on the outside throwing rocks or if she has done things significant and positive. But this act wasn?t positive. The news conference you suggested, although less flamboyant would have had better results.

Stay healthy,
Andy
PS: Sis, this is a respectful disagreement. You know how Annette and I feel about the R.C. Church.
Old 12-16-2003, 01:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Good comments all. I believe the crimes the Pope and all of his cronies are guilty of deserves "in your face" wake-up call. Talk to some of the many hundreds of thousands abused over many, many decades and see how they feel. The Catholic Church is rotten to the core. It is guilty from the top down of aiding and abetting one of the most despicable acts against children known, outside of murder. It actually encouraged it by moving these pedophiles to other cities. I believe it is way past time for someone to point this out to them. Maybe a concert wasn't the proper place, but they sure as hell do not seem to get the message any other way...

Larry
Old 12-16-2003, 02:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Larry......

I believe the Boston Archdiocese is trying to come up with the $90 million they owe in judgments to the abused. Last I got on this is that are taking out loans against church properties to cover the debt. The best wake up call is to get into the church coffers for restitution; they hate it when that happens. But at the end of the day it will probably be the parishioners that are served up the bill. I?m not sure people will be very willing to pony up any extra tithe to cover the liability so I suspect there is going to be rough water ahead in the Boston Archdiocese and a lot of empty pews.

Scamp
Old 12-16-2003, 02:43 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Scamp, Keith, Andy,

I agree with all of you that the cause of the young lady is rendered useless in bringing the Roman Catholic Church to heel. Scamp said that her actions will be remembered but not the cause or the words. Truer words were never spoken in regard to the general public. But then she wasn't speaking for the general public. She spoke for millions that have remained silent for years. There was a time when the Vatican was more than aninert symbol. She spoke to that time and that era that fostered the climate that shielded the pedophiles hiding behind a mask of religion. I myself do not see the Vatican as an inert symbol as most in this country see it. There are millions in the Young Catholic movements world wide that would probably disagree with that assessment also.

Andy is exactly right to be effective her life must back up her words. None of us know her life except she is a hip hop artist and it seems she has been already drawn and quartered on that count. If she is a baptized Catholic then she was home.We have always been toldthat the Mother church presides in Rome.

I disagree with brother Keith'sarguement thather action is comparable tothat of theDixie Chicks. Shewent directly to thethose that created the climateforabuse.

TheDixieChickstalented as they are but gutless wonders all the same stood on a foreign stage and said what they would not say in concert to an American Audience.

Iunderstand that this is a respectful disagreement. I have read each of you forsome years nowand know you would rise to the defense of any child in trouble. The disagreement would be in the order in which we all would do that. The three of you would resort to logic and reasoning. I would just shoot and ask questions later.

Old 12-16-2003, 03:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hi Sis......

Logic and reason? Is that something like a right jab, left hook and a knee to the yonner southern place?

Scamp