The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2004, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I would prefer to punish the ignorant owners rather then crucify a dumb animal. Not only have they set the dog up to be killed for totally natural actions, they have even worse cause the injury of a child.

Had the dog been roaming the neighborhood and attacked unprovoked rather then in a situation that is well known to cause aggression in dogs then I would opt for the beheading.

Don't get me wrong here, I am no animal activist, but having studied dogs for some time I have found that while they are comparatively simple creatures when placed next to men, their proper handling does require some attention to their basic instincts.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2004, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

On a side note, one of my brothers was attacked years ago by a German Shepard causing facial lacerations. He was some distance from the house when it happened so we were not able to react immediately. None the less my father gathered up arms and we went hunting for the dog to kill it. No amount of crying or begging would have saved that dogs life had we found it. A few days later we did find the owners and had the dog beheaded for rabies testing. This dog was roaming the neighborhood and had no excuse for it's behavior.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

What you said was all well and good David. All the theories about dog postures, playing habits, etc., quickly bcome moot when a small child looks like a piece of hamburger....From what I have seen in the newspaper in this town in the last 10+ years, some one else is going to get hurt real bad by this damned dog and its equally stupid owner. I would quickly have the dog killed an sue like hell....It may save someone's life.......maybe even Diana's.

Larry
Old 11-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Doc.2/47

David,

Thank you very much.Imput from a pro. is greatly appriciated.Couldn't argue with a thing you've had to say and I appriciate your taking the time to share this information.I do not blame the dog,which is not the same as saying that I think he should be allowed to live.

A factor that I have to consider is that Diana does not blame the dog.She has grown up around dogs and loves them.She is very much aware that if she had not approched the dog-something she would normally never do-the attack would never have happened.She places the blame for the attack on herself at least as much as on anyone else and does not want the dog killed for what she sees as her mistake.She's been hurt enough and I will not do anything to cause her further pain or guilt reguardless of my thoughts on the matter.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Doc.2/47

Larry,

I really like your new signature.Hang in there bro.!
Old 11-04-2004, 05:08 AM
Doc.2/47

The news out of Nashville is saying that a picture has been found that shows a cat hanging from a pole being attacked by two pitbulls.There is speculation that the cat was being used as a training aid.They are looking for the dogs and owner.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:10 AM

Please add my prayers and bests wishes for a speedy recover to you daughter.
When I was kid I would feed the neighbors dog when they were out of town. I knew that dog for years but one day as I bent down to fill the water dish, it lunged up and bite me in the face. I do like dogs but to this day I am very leary of em and have never forgotten that incident.

I agree, sue his ass.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

go to Google and type in "pit bull" and any of several other key words.....the world of dog fighting is alive and well in this country...and includes several other breeds as well....of course animals of all kinds are sacrificed to make the dogs even meaner....

I have mixed feelings about other people's dogs...having had some neighbors in my almost 56 years who describing as redneck-assholes is way too generous...I wouldn't go near anyone's dogs even if Jesus himself promised they wouldn't bite. What David said is Ok to a point, but there are just way too many other variables ( especially with some breeds... chihuauas ( sp ? ) come to mind... I hate the little bastards ! )...if I read correctly, the neighbor's kid initiated this, so they are at fault...

Larry
Old 11-04-2004, 07:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

"People that are cruel to animals have no souls, Tommy."

Thomas Conor O'Driscoll [My Grandfather]
Old 11-05-2004, 04:22 AM
Doc.2/47

Well it just keeps comin...the news last night out of Nashville said that the police had arrested and charged a man for setting one of his four pitbulls on a man and then robbing him(who needs a gun?).It has been a month since the attack and the man is still in the hospital.

Diana continues to do well and may have some stitches out Sat.