The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2005, 05:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Kerri was a trooper and deserved her Gold medal presentation under the flag ! They weren't to happy with the stadium in Yugoslavia during their civil war what a waste of life and property.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:45 AM

Here's one I thought about recently after having not heard the name in years:

Many, many moons ago when I was a teen, I was taking in some practice at the rink after my figure-skating lesson. I was caught completely by surprise when a young man of about six tugged at my skirt and asked "Are you Rosalynn Sumners?".

Silver Medalist, Sarajevo '84.

Gotta love Roz!!!
Old 12-16-2005, 10:14 PM

goodnessgracie when is that yankee going to marry you??
He better watch out and not let you get away back to the south.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:27 AM

Everybody's trying to marry us off at the PsycoVets spring party. Have you not read the rumors?

Love to see ya there, but be careful: You might want to wear your steel toes, hard hat & safety glasses just in case one of the guys' corsets gives way.

Eat, Drink & Remarry,
Grace of the North
Old 12-23-2005, 12:31 PM

Hey everybody...

I am Gracie Mitchell's brother Kyle down here in GA. Just getting access to the forums,etc.

I as well love the Winter Games...how about Curling! I know it's kinda like admitting I like to eat Quiche but I love watching Curling (maybe it's from hanging around too many old folk playing shuffleboard in my youth???)

Team USA usually does well and as I remember from the last games, the US ladies squad almost medalled or maybe took Silver after Sweden???
Old 12-23-2005, 12:49 PM

Sweep!!! Sweep!!! Sweep!!!

All the guys at the bar where I worked during the '02 Games went NUTS over the women's curling events. I was thinking the Canadians from Canadia won it, not sure.

(Oh, BTW, shuffleboard is one of the flagship events atop Psyco Mtn)
Old 12-23-2005, 04:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hmmm..now we have a LEGENDARY POET as well as a LEGENDARY MIXOLOGIST.

Sounds like a good combo.

I'll have a Poe on the rocks, please!
Old 12-23-2005, 06:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default U.S. Curlers (and "Curl Gurls") are ready for Torino

The first athletes nominated to the 2006 United States Olympic Team were from the sport of curling. The 2006 U.S. Olympic Team Trials for Curling were held February 19-26, 2005 in Madison, Wis. Ten men?s and 10 women?s teams competed at the 2006 U.S. Olympic Team Trials in Curling. The winners also represented USA at the 2005 World Curling Championships, as well as the 2006 Olympic Winter Games in Torino, Italy.

The women?s team of Cassie Johnson (Bemidji, Minn.) and teammates Jamie Johnson(Bemidji), Jessica Schultz (Duluth, Minn./Anchorage, Alaska) and Maureen Brunt (Portage, Wis.) earned the right to participate in the Olympic Winter Games by winning the Olympic Trials.

The Johnson rink took second at the 2005 World Championships of Curling and led the USA to gold in the World Junior Curling Championships in 2002.

The men?s team of Pete Fenson (Bemidji, Minn.), Shawn Rojeski (Virginia, Minn.), Joe Polo (Cass Lake, Minn.) and John Shuster (Chisholm, Minn.) won the Olympic Trials of Curling on the men?s side and will represent the U.S. in Torino following a strong showing at the 2005 World Championships of Curling. The Fenson rink was the runner-up to Jason Larway in the 2004 Nationals, and won the gold in 2003, 1994 and ?93. He was a world semifinalist in 1993.

USA Curling?s Athlete Development Director Ed Lukowich, who oversees the high performance training for USA Curling, said there were "a lot of positives" for Fenson's team at the World Championships. For one, he said, "This is probably about the best a U.S. team has drawn at the Worlds. We knew these guys could hit, and now we know they can draw, too. We played a lot of the big boys here, many of the same teams we'll see in the Olympics. And in a lot of cases we were out-playing them in the draw game. To come into an experienced group like this and curl that well is super." "We've got eight months now until the Olympics to get a little better," added Lukowich. "Pete skipped really well here. We're still struggling a little bit with the strategy, but I think as Pete gets to know these teams a little better, that'll start to improve. "We know we can compete," concluded Lukowich. "How far can we go? Obviously, a long way. We nearly medaled here."
Old 12-23-2005, 06:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Kyle,

As, Gracie's unofficial, self-appointed therapist, I need to know the sybiling scoop on Gracie. This bunch of guys she hangs around with (psyco vets) are known for being somewhat unbalanced. I discern she also has been led astray by that wild and wooly group of characters known as the psyco vets. Has she always had a tender heart for those of questionable behavior? And, I understand she has been attracted to some fellow by the name of Curtis. I am concerned the sweet lady just may have had an emotional break down. I have been using her as my assistant in working with this bunch called the "psyco vets." Poor Gracie. Is there something you could share with us so we could better help poor innocent Gracie.

Keith

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:08 AM.