The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2004, 09:06 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Arrow First Response To Patriotism

As I have posted, we are on a quest to attempt to attain the ?Purple Heart Medal? for all of those who died from exposure, beatings, starvation and outright murder, while ?Prisoners of War? in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc!

So far, about 14 Senators and even the President?s office, has sent ?automatic? responses to my inquiries on behalf of all of those who perished thusly! However, and this is a fact and not politically motivated, only one politician so far, has taken the time to get involved enough to actually seek out information about this pressing issue - he being Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts!

A member of this Senator?s staff took the time, even during a busy election schedule, to talk with us over the phone and to request information that we had compiled on POWs! I assume that they then got that data into Kerry?s hands, as we quickly received a personally and caring respond in short order!

Of course, this comes as no great surprise, John Kerry himself being a highly decorated Vietnam veteran! And of course again, this is not a political plug - one way or the other, but merely a fact!

Apparently, and contrary to some political rhetoric of late, the man (Kerry) still retains a deep caring for those who served and bled along side of him in war, either in person or in spirit! And regardless of his later views about the continuation of that conflict in ?The Nam?, when he himself was ?In Country?, he gave his fair share of blood and dedication to his nation!!

?Try as a few may, this sacrifice, and the sacrifices of others, can never be taken away from them - not even by the agents of those who seek to mask their own dealings at the end of an ever pointing finger!!? (My Views!)

As others (politicos) respond to the issue that I outlined above (or not), I will also let their views, or silence on this matter be known to you all!! And as for any perceived or actual past faux pas, although I take it into consideration, I am far more concerned about the present actions and rhetoric of those who now pull the strings - those who control life and death, as well as any vested agenda behind their actions!

In closing, let me firmly avow, that no matter how much I may agree or disagree with the rationale behind and given action of our politicians, I will back our nation to the hilt during those times of trial and tribulation! This of course, does not mean (not by a long shot) that I will blindly or silently march to any vested drummer, who may or may not be over-endowed with power, wealth, or ego, regardless of political affiliation!

I still remember the words, as I read them, of Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis (1856-1941), when he said, and I quote: ?We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth (and power) concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can?t have both!?

Brandeis also said, in 1941: ?To courageous, self reliant men (and women), with confidence in the power of free and fearless reasoning, applied through the processes of popular government, no danger flowing from speech can be deemed clear and present!"

VERITAS
Old 02-03-2004, 01:26 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up

ADDENDUM -

We have even received a call from Elizabeth Dole's office, Senator from North Carolina, who's husband too, was severely wounded!

This is not a partisan issue, as all who served side by side in combat, and shed their blood clad in the same uniform and standing tall beneath the same proud flag, are brothers first, last and always! This is rather an issue that unites all Americans, just as the wars in which these brave and gallant men and women fought, gathering them all under but a single title - "AMERICAN", and damned proud of it too!!

VERITAS