Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2010, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Prayers needed

Background Story of Tyler Musslewhite
Below is a direct quote taken from http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ty...ewhite/mystory
Tyler is a neighbor of one of my daughters and a classmate of my grandson, Brian. Brian and Tyler are 11 years old.

"Tyler was diagnosed with osteosarcoma on February 2, 2006 he was eight years old. A tumor, about the size of a golf ball, was found on his right leg just below the knee. Tyler had a biopsy of the tumor followed by a port placement surgery and started a nine month chemotherapy protocol on Feb. the 10th. In July of 2006 Tyler had a rotationplasty of the right leg. For those of you who know Tyler you understand that last sentence and for those of you who do not, I can’t explain it on here you'll just have to look at the pictures! After the leg surgery he finished his chemo protocol and went off treatment November the 11th of 2006.
Tyler's first relapse was July of 2007. A routine scan of his lungs showed he had five new tumors 3 in the right lung and 2 in the left. He had to have a bilateral thoracotomy (double lung surgery) to remove the tumors after several scary weeks he was once again off treatment.
Tyler's second relapse was May of 2008 when once again tumors were found in the right lung and another surgery was required. He came through the surgery well and we had hoped that would be the end.
Tyler has relapsed for the 3rd time in the right lung. July 18th of 2008 we were told we had two choices. We have decided to try the clinical trail the first dose will be given September 15th.
The clinical trial was unsuccessful and Tyler had another lung surgery on January 13, 2009 after the surgery they doctors decided to put chemo in his chest cavity. The chemo caused a staff infection in the lungs, and a collapsed lung we thought we had lost him. Tyler went on a new chemo protocol on February 5, 2009.
Tyler's doctor has decided to stop the chemo and start radiation. February 15, 2010.
Four days before radiation was set to begin we noticed at lump on the right side of Tyler's throat radiation was put off and he had surgery on March 2, 2010 to remove the right half of his thyroid. One week after surgery we were told it was cancer and we are running out of options."

I saw Tyler last week and as he greeted me at the door he had a smile on his bald head but was at least wearing his right, plastic leg. After both his local doctors and hospital and St. Jude’s Hospital in Tennessee told his mother, Gina, that the cancer was unstoppable and in his circulatory system throughout his body, Tyler told his mom, “Mom, I don’t want to die mom, but I can be brave."
You can’t know Tyler and NOT pray for him.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2010, 06:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Prayers out , John. Had a cancer scare last year and had to go to a cancer ward and found the chemo ward is a surprising place to find peace , hope , love and joy. God bless us as we receive His miracles
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:38 AM

Default Prayer's out for Tyler

Stick - tough stuff sorry to hear about this situation. I will be thinking of you and your family. Chin up and do what you have to - take care of yourself and my best to Tyler.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 03-26-2010, 08:48 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Stick,...

Check-check & ditto-ditto prayers out for Gutsy Little Tyler.

Neil & Wife
Old 03-26-2010, 09:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

What a noble little guy! Prayers on their way.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Having lost a Wife to cancer and knowing what she went through I KNOW how BRAVE this WAY TO YOUNG MAN is and my prayers go out for Him and his FAMILY!!!!!

He and his Family are on my nightly prayer list.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

God bless him and his family.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Would that I ever have his courage...