The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2007, 07:12 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default BILL UPDATE - HONOR OUR FALLEN PRISONER OF WAR ACT..

:!: Yes, it has been a long, drawn-out and (at times) painful battle to accomplish that, which most have called “A NO-BRAINER!” And in this battle, even some of the original shakers and movers have (at times), temporarily had the wind removed from their sails!

“Was this Bill righteous - you bet your life it was!?”

“Were the 17,000 plus American Warriors deserving of a Posthumous Purple Heart Medal, your damned right they were!?”

“Did this endeavor take far longer than it should have to get done - many are saying: “Yes it did, but then, such is the nature of the beast. Rome, after all, was not built in a day!”

“And did a few whom you would have sworn would have instantaneously supported this Bill, for one reason or another, oppose or attempt to stifle this legislation? Unfortunately, again the answer is yes, and the names of the antagonists, although few, just might surprise you!” But then, that is yet another story, for another day (maybe)?”

I would have “NEVER” believed that a scant few, Part Time Political Patriots” would have let agenda, party politics, personal grudges, or class distinctions, interfere with their prime mandate of “the United States - First, Last and Always?” And I would have never accepted, not even for the briefest of moments, that the memory of a scant few would be so short as to ever forget the “17,000 All-American Heroes” who breathed their last as prisoners of our miserable foes during times of war? “How soon a few forget!”

“Well, this is now and that that was then!” We have hopefully risen above and beyond the differences that held back (for so long) the passage of this Fallen Prisoners of War Act!

This “No Brainer" turned into some four (4) plus years of hard work long hours, constant battle, ill health, and logic vs. personal agenda! The Bill, I am informed by the DoD, is now being implemented into Purple Heart Regulations, at long last! And all of you, the mega-millions of patriots, who never gave up in this battle to right a long standing wrong, some 66 years in some cases, are to be applauded for the wonderful people that you are - true Americans one and all!

I thank you, our nation thanks you, the families of America’s finest thank you, and I am sure that if there is any cognizance after death, and I for one hope that there is, that those whom this Bill addresses (OUR FALLEN PRISONERS of WAR), will also thank you!!

VERITAS (Truth)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links