The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2002, 08:25 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Peace On Earth - Good Will Toward Men?

Constant maneuvering is the way of ambition, and anyone who believes (even for a moment) that we are entering the legendary ?Age of Aquarius? (Peace, Good-Will and World Harmony) is puffing on the wrong weed!

Ah what a joy it would be to see ?Eden Revisited?, but mankind is a greedy lot and like the series ?Highlander?, I fear that there will be no lasting peace until ?There Is But One Power, or group there-of (A horrid thought, considering the United Nations Agenda)!? Just when the evil empires have bitten the dust (for all intent and purpose), the woodwork and rocks are beginning to infest anew with neo-wanna-bes, all intent on dreams of empire!

So what catalysts are combining to garner such morbidly fatalistic conjurings - ?well let?s see??

The unshakable Catholic Church is quaking amidst the revelations of priestly misconduct, as has several other saintly bastions of religious untouchability in the past several years.

A former enemy or two is screwing around with nukes (and threatening to use them too).

So-called Allies, nations that we are forced to bow to under the United Nations banner, have been exposed for helping hostile regimes in the development of atomic mayhem.

Teen drug use is on the incline, and we are fast becoming a one party system (opinion)?

Turkey is already amassing troops, India and Pakistan continue to eye each other with suspicion, and terrorism still lurks in the immediate wings! ?Hell, and I haven?t even scratched the surface!?

Our President has touted the possible need for the pre-emptive use of nuclear weapons, and this, though dire in thought and consequence, may be the only way to continue to insure even a modicum of peace? What was it that Teddy Roosevelt said - ?Speak softly but carry a big stick!? Well even a big stick is of little value if one keeps it tucked up his ass!

Many a dastardly little aggressor has challenged the might of the free world, knowing full well that ?Talking The Talk? was sometimes as far as we were prepared to go in the past. We have watched our kids in uniform stretched thin because we kept our muscle in a sling.

No one amidst our allies relishes the thought of obliterating another nation, but have no doubts about it, there are mongrel entities out there who would not hesitate for a micro-second if the shoe were on the other foot and ?this they have proven (9/11 for one)!? And above all, time is not our ally, and in nations like North Korea, Iraq, etc, etc, etc, there is no love of our way of life, and if given enough time, they will lunge at our collective jugulars!

For after all is said and done, an advantage unused, is no advantage at all, and as of this point in time, we have that advantage, but for how long? Waiting for a disease to run it?s course, is oft-time a fatal undertaking, for as long as there is something to feed upon, that sickness will not fade, but rather proliferate until it grows out of control!

?Peace on Earth and Good will toward men? is a splendid concept. One found in the words of the Good Book, diplomatic circles, and in the Brothers Grimm alone! These limitations are, of course, not the way that it should be, nor is it the way that it has to be, it is rather, just the way that it is!!

?Mankind has always talked a good show, but unfortunately again, the only way to insure a lasting peace is through one?s ability to make and win wars, or to immediately (and in no uncertain terms) slap down those who threaten our right to exist in peace, tranquillity, and within the parameters of our own peacefully blended customs and harmony!? (ONE MAN?S OPINION?!)

VERITAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Old 12-16-2002, 10:17 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default WOW!!!...HARDCORE.

That's one-helluva-sorry-ass Holiday Greeting my Friend.

After all, so many unarguably sad and absurd realities and/or "VERITAS" don't go very well with: "...& HAPPY HOLIDAYS", even if only; "(ONE MAN'S OPINION?!)".

Sorry for nit-picking Rick, and in general sorry for us all.
Regardless,...hope You & Yours and All Others here Have A Happy.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 12:50 PM

Hardcore,

I want to wish you and your family a Happy Holiday. Hopefully we can enjoy some enlightened verbage again next year.

I agree with what you said but the world will never be what it once was. The old is moving out and the new are moving in. No matter how good we had it in the 50's it will never be that way again.

I started a thread earlier to you but was interupted. Forgot my train of thought. Oh well its been like that most of the year. I can't tell you where the hell this year went or the last five.

I appreciate your commentaries they are wake up calls and very well written. You don't leave much for us to remark to once we've read your fine views on the subject.

But regardless my friend you take it easy over the Holidays and try to rest up before taking on another full year of wake up calls.

Best Regards to all

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote