The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2003, 04:33 AM

Default Excuse Me

I really hate to bring this up, but;

I dont know about the rest of you, but there alot of members here that are really starting to "slam" the ones that are on here constantly.

Just what the heck is going on??????

This is the Patriots Files connection to the World as we know it.

Some and most of us are Veterans. Some are not, but welcome just so. Some are visitors and welcome also.

On the site I came from THC, I made a post about "if you dont like what or who posts, then dont read it, and now I am turned in my thoughts.

I dont read alot of posts on here, cause I havent the slightest idea of what they are saying, but the GOOD people here make alot of every day common sense and I enjoy that.

If this "slamming" keeps on going, then it will chase away alot of good people, ( some of which have already left or been banned), and then just WHERE will this site go?

It will be just like THC, with only about four or five over there anymore.

THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enough............................................ ..........
Old 04-02-2003, 06:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default could you be a liitle...

more specific ?? Thanks.

Larry
Old 04-02-2003, 06:36 AM

Mort,

Read the posts, and you will understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant be more specific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laymans terms is what I use each and every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No 50 cent words in my vocabulary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I try like hell to get along with everyone, it is my nature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this site is going to be a terrorist site amoungest, then ti will be history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a threat, just facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to see this site fail because of few berating their fellow Americans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I say, If you dont like the person, dont read their posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG RUN MORT,,,,,,, TO EACH HIS OWN.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

ENOUOGH..............................
Old 04-02-2003, 06:55 AM

reeb I know what you are saying maybe it's just me but, have notice if you don't agree with someone you will be slamed but I'm thick skinned so I'm told. well back to my hole don't come out much latly can't deal with it.
razz
Old 04-02-2003, 07:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default well ....

if you have a problem with a specific post or poster ( me included )..then say so...speaking in generalities does none of us any good. Sorry, but if someone posts something that I think needs to be responded to, I will respond. Recent comparisons of this site to THC and military.com are ludicrous. Not sure what you mean by "slamming"....That is why we have moderators.........

Larry
Old 04-02-2003, 07:13 AM

Hey Guys chill out!

Is it time for prosack - blow it off move on and don't let this crap get under you skin.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Reeb first off thank you for voicing your concerns. Most everyone is on a hair trigger lately due to the recent activities in the middle east. I do not know how a military related site could possibly exist in the present climate without some rough edges. We are getting attacked on the site from more then one direction on a daily basis now and expect it to continue for some time. The best advice to anyone wanting it is to just cool off and as Mortardude said bring your issues up with a board moderator. There is a list of them with links to PM them on the forum leaders page linked from the bottom of the forum home page. To anyone feeling slammed you can be sure we will always do our best when dealing with reasonable people with reasonable requests to facilitate resolutions to board disputes when warranted. I can assure you reeb we will not be going away or closing the site due to any of these issues. If we had one high school student reading material on the site then we will have accomplished our goal to educate others about military service and to operate as an outlet for those who have served to tell their sides of the story.

I think it all boils down to this. If you are feeling like you need a break from here you are probably right. It is not easy to have war and all of it's complications front and center everyday. I have gone absent from the site a few days here and there myself since this all started and will probably do so again before it is over.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:02 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Well said David.

Reeb... hang in there brother, this too shall pass!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 04-02-2003, 08:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Reeb'ster..

...this is easy...

...It's like anyone who owns a computer can log on, and become a "member", but remember, "membership has it's privleges", BUT consider it this way...

..."anyone can buy a jock strap, but few really have "balls" to fill it...

...in these times, the empty barrels make the most noise"...

...let um infiltrate, they get picked out real fast, and slink into their cowards lair quick.........

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 04-02-2003, 10:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I'm with you RAZZ,

n/t

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.