The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Iraqi Freedom

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2003, 07:09 PM

Default good news

Just reported they believe saddie &sons killed today very,very high confidence

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 12:59 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2003, 07:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

U.S. Hits 'Leadership Target' in Baghdad
By MATT KELLEY, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - The United States struck a "leadership target" in Baghdad Monday, based on information that one or more of the top government or military leaders in Saddam Hussein (news - web sites)'s regime were there, military officials said.

The strike was the result of time-sensitive intelligence, meaning information which needed to be acted on quickly, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The military officials said they did not know the identity of the target of the strike, or whether the target or targets had been killed.

Coalition strikes have aimed at top Iraqi leaders since the beginning of the war. U.S. and British troops have invaded at least four of Saddam's many palaces in recent days, including two in Baghdad Monday, looking for information, including clues to where he and his inner circle might be.

On March 19, President Bush (news - web sites) authorized a strike on a suburban Baghdad compound where Saddam and his sons were believed to be staying. That strike, like Monday's attack, was based on time-sensitive intelligence.

For days after the initial strike, U.S. officials sorted through intelligence suggesting Saddam may have been killed or injured, but intelligence officials have become increasingly confident he survived that strike.

Earlier Monday, U.S. and British officials said they believed Saddam's top commander in southern Iraq (news - web sites) had been killed in a U.S. airstrike.

American warplanes bombed a home in Basra where Saddam's cousin, Ali Hassan al-Majid, was believed to be staying. That attack, too, was based on a time-sensitive tip. Al-Majid was a former Iraqi defense chief whose enemies called him "Chemical Ali" for his role in 1988 chemical weapons attacks on Iraqi Kurds.

Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, showed a video clip of the attack at a Pentagon (news - web sites) news conference Monday.

"We believe that the reign of terror of Chemical Ali has come to an end. To Iraqis who have suffered at his hand, particularly in the last few weeks in that southern part of the country, he will never again terrorize you or your families," Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said.

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
Old 04-08-2003, 07:05 AM

I think they got his ass this time!
Big crater in the center of Baghdad!
Old 04-08-2003, 10:17 AM

You do know guys - that blotter test results can be misleading! If 4) 2000 pounders hit within the same area there ain't gonna be a hell of lot left to ID.

Identifying someones ass would even be tough unless there was a butt print around to compare it to!

Sure I'd like him dead too but I would have also liked to have enough to show his people that dirt bag is really dead.

Now we don't have anything to show his people so there is going to be some reasonable doubts that we really killed him and his evil son's.

So even if this guys really dead his little empire is still working from the grave, which will still generate fear to his people because we can't show them anything but a hole in the ground where we say he was - ya know what I mean?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 04-08-2003, 11:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default No no Boats...

...no matter how many they dropped...

...They will still find an a$$hole...................

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk