Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2003, 10:01 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question 39mto39g et al

quote post by 39mto39g 5-19-03:

HC

We are kidding ourselfs if we thing our opinions mean anything to anyone outsidethe 10 people on this sight. Firest of all if your post is to long you'll lose half of the readers, If the subject is to controversial, (icky) you'll lose a couple viewers, then it depends on who you are, weather or not your coments even get a responce so you loose a couple more viewers, In the end you talk to yourself, and by the way, You already Know the answer.

Ron
-------------------------------------------------
Ron et al

"You can but lead a horse to water!" As far as what you say above, on minimal readership, if the site commanders feel this too, I will be more than happy to "BOW Out" and let someone else moderate Political Debate!

VERITAS
Old 05-19-2003, 10:27 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

HC...I guess I would be one of the ten or so who read your posts and would appreciate you continuing to post. I know you and I have disagreed a few different times in the past, but that was on subject matter and not a personal thing, at least as far as i am concerned.

Keep up the fire brother!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 10:52 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

HC

The forums may never get the reads that the history on this site does but that does not mean that they are not valuable. I have posted hours of research on health related matters and some of those threads have barely been read. On the other hand I had a thread running with music lyrics in it and it got well over a thousand hits. So what. It is what we needed at the time. And as to the research that mostly goes unread if it has helped one person then it was worth my time. Keep on keeping on brother. No moderator on this site feels you should stand down.

Arrow>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-19-2003, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I agree HC, I like to read your posts. What Ron may not realize is how long this site is going to be around and how deep we intend to take it. The posts today that have 5 reads 2 years from now may have 2500 or more. As arrow said, it's what's needed at the time and times change. The site currently holds about 4 gigabytes of data. There are maybe three sites on the internet that are much larger (Janes being on of them) and maybe a handful that are close. Thats it, and that is just with one person doing 99.999% of the editing. But this is just the beginning. We intend to grow this site until it fills terabytes if at all possible. We intend every last word posted here to be read a generation from now when people want to know what really happened during the Vietnam War and the Gulf War (among other conflicts). If we spend our time wisely and choose our words thoughtfully they may have something worth reading.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:17 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

ARROW, TRAV et al-

Any reference to minimal readership on any given post bothers me not! For you see, when I have a politically charged issue, one that I truly believe in enough to harp on, I also send copies (e-mail and snail) to a plethora of national politicos, from the White House on down, and even to several national newspapers who occasionally publish my insanity! How many, do you suppose, read and heed my views then? "You might be surprised!?" (Aha!!)

I also had columns is a few newspapers (mostly smaller) nationally. So you see, I have been, am, and will continue to be a venomous gadfly, jabbing at the ass of any politician, bureaucracy, etc., whom I perceive to be in error, until that is, the issue (they know what issue!) is favorably resolved!

"The sin is not in losing a battle, but rather in not fighting, and anyone (ANYONE!) who does not yet believe that I will battle to the death (if needs must), really knows me not!! (I thrive upon adversity and get stronger in a tempest!!)

VERITAS INFINITUM (Truth Forever!!)
Old 05-19-2003, 11:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

DAVE-

Sounds good to me - "ONWARD & OUTWARD!!"
Old 05-19-2003, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Old 05-19-2003, 01:15 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HC

You really belive I would come to this sight everyday if I didn't like it?
No one wants anyone to leave, All you have to do is look at who answers the posts, Maybe 10 people. Im just telling you that WEEEEE don't make much of a difference in the skeem of things.
It does feel good to put into writting what you are feeling and maybe thats enough in its self.
Hell I didn't even know you did moderate. See, now you can take one of those people off the list, Now its nine, You have to be hear, Ha.

Ron
Old 05-19-2003, 02:37 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

RON-

The whole idea here, as far as I know, is to let it all hang out (within reason)! And yes, you just maybe surprised who and "How Many" are listening!

This site is not an exercise in futility, but rather a genuine way to say what in the hell is on one's mind! And as for the "TEN" reponders, check back! If an issue is of interest to many, many respond! Some day, that number may be very respectable indeed!

"And yes, bro, we can make a difference, trust me!" If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't be wasting my time! Besides, even the serious can often be fun!

VERITAS
Old 05-19-2003, 02:57 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HC

We can agree to dis-agree
I belive this is very much a exercise in futility. But it does offer an outlet for those who want it.
When the 10 do respond to a post and the post gets 40 sub-post its still the 10 doing the posting, just more than once.

Ron