The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2003, 08:06 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Wishful Thinking?

No one in his right mind doesn?t wish for world peace and tolerance, but again today the ?Bloody Dogs of War Barked Aloud!?

With an attack by one of the groups that supposedly agreed to the cease fire in the Middle East resulting in one death, and yet another rocket attack against our forces in Iraq, I can not help but be amazed at the reassuring rhetoric flowing from the political arena, via the mass media!

Do some of those in power really believe that even one ?Un-Necessary Coalition Casualty Under Fire? is acceptable in a (so-called) secured area? The message that I am getting is that: ?This is not an earthshaking event to some - this sort of thing is to be expected - so mop up the blood and gore and move on!?? I guess that it is really no big deal after all, just so long you are not the individual in the cross hairs!?

Now nobody in his right mind, save for the eternal optimist, expects things to go from horrendous to placid overnight. And I can not personally buy into the theory that even the ?(Big) Heads of State? really believe that any ?Road Map To Wherever?, is likely to be of such an impact, and so immaculately conceived, that all involved will instantaneously turn their swords into plow sheers!

But for anyone to redundantly insist that this ongoing violence is but an understandable residue of unrest, while at the same time people are still being mortally targeted, is but wishful thinking on their part! (opinion)

Do many of the people involved in this peace process ?REALLY? believe that ?All?s Well On The Middle Eastern Front?- well, I believe that many do, or at least wish it so - ?DON?T WE ALL?!? But again, there is ?No Magic Wand?, and just wishing for peace while attempting to make the world believe that we have found the ?Yellow Brick Road?, or ?Mysterious Roadmap Back To Eden? if you prefer, is instilling more than just hope alone into the minds of many. ?This is an exercise in (attempted) mass hypnosis!? (opinion)

Only the ?Divine Being?, and not the wishes of ?Highly Placed Men of Politics Alone?, can exact such an instantaneous miracle! The best-laid plans of mice and men, do in fact, often go astray! ?And saying that it is so, don?t necessarily make it so!??

For peace to genuinely exist between all nations, those nations have to first want peace, and the proof of this recipe is in the pudding and not just the ingredients!

?KEEP TRYING!!?

VERITAS