The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2003, 07:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Praise the Lord !! Power back on after 39 hours..Lessons Learned...

Power back on after 39 hours. My freezer and refrigerator haven't been this clean in years..of course they are both empty..this is the second major catastrophe here in 9 years ( In 1994 we had a killer ice storm )...this was a REAL mess....

Anyway...lessons learned :

1. I WILL have a well over-stocked emergency supply cache. It will be checked periodically to be sure the contents haven't been pilfered or "borrowed". There are a number of things I will put in there that hadn't occurred to me before..such as 50 one dollar bills...a spare phone that doesn't require electricity...a P-38 can opener...and a lot of other stuff that I had one-hell-of-a-time trying to find in the dark.

2. Consider the purchase of some sort of generator. I will try to find a used one in the want ads or something. Don't want to pay a lot, but need something dependable..especially in the winter. Sure nice to have.

3. Even if we don't have a major power outage again, just knowing I am prepared is well worth the effort.

4. Like the song said, "You don't know what you got 'til its gone..."

Larry

IMHO

DEO VINDICE