The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2003, 05:27 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question PCC (Political Concurrent Receipt - Correct me if I am Wrong?

I think that I have a pretty good handle on what constitutes ?Concurrent Receipt!? I am also aware (I Think) that this CR entails receiving retirement money from both the military and one?s civilian sector job after the military, at the same time!

Now I ask you, unless again I heard wrong (?), does not a politician, if he is eligible, collect a retirement check from each and every office that he holds during his career, or is he too restricted to the highest rate of pay in the highest position?

In other words, if the guy was a governor or a senator (say), and then went on to become president, would he merit something from, all of the political positions that he held after leaving office?! And if after his political days are over, if he went on to chair a corporation, give speeches, write books or put in personal appearances, would he still only be entitled to which ever was highest?

Now, if the above is true (to any extent?), and I know not, is it not a double standard, by any stretch of the imagination, to deny retired military the same courtesy? And please, whatever you do, do not tell me that a retired senior politico, and retired private sector CEO, who is one and the same lady or gent, is scraping by on but one paycheck!? No speech money, no book cash, no endorsement checks, and no under the table (let?s be nice) pay-offs! ?Hmmm - poor babies!??

VERITAS
Old 09-12-2003, 09:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

HC you are correct i.e. Gov/ President Clinton collects a pension from both of his offices he held. Gerry Ford was in Congress before becoming President and also gets his Pension from Both offices held. Former Senator Max Cleland gets VA Disability, and his Pension for being a Georgia state Senator and a Senator from GA. It is ok for them to double or triple dip pensions for public office as well as a Military related pension but each time it is brought up for Concurrent receipt for veterans its always the same old song and dance routine "Its too expensive" while they the Senators an congressmen sit in their Ivory Towers with their great health care system, pensions and other bennies for being a public official. And wouldn't it be great to have a job where you get to vote your self a Pay Raise every year. oops I forgot they passed a law a few years back now they don't even have to have a guilty conscience any more they now vote only to reject the Pay Raise
Old 09-13-2003, 04:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Slight Correction

Concurrent Receipt deals with the dual issues of retirement pay and in disability benefits, not collecting retirement benefits from both the military and civilian employment. For over 100 years, the government has refused to pay warriors both retirement and disability, when eligible, and now the battle lines are drawn. HC is entirely incorrect to imply that double dipping and concurrent receipt are related.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:22 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation

SCOUT -

"NO, HC IS NOT WRONG", as I never said, nor did I imply, anything that referenced "Double Dipping!"

I posted, merely as a question, to clarify in my mind the differences between what politicians are doing and concurrent receipt!

"I make enough mistakes on my own, thank you, without anyone attempting to put words in my mouth, or twist what I had to say, or even to interject the words of another into my statements!"

And thanks Jerry D for the informative materials that you supplied to my inquiry, that is what I wanted to know!! Also thanks for the information about Max Cleland (Disabled military officer [triple amputee], ex-Senator from Georgia, ex- Secretary of The VA). And also, there is Colin Powell (a great man in my opinion), who outside of being a **** General and Head of the Joint Chiefs, is now also Secretary of State?

As I said (with no reference to Double Dipping on my part), "Double Standard" was the words that I used, I was merely inquiring for my own (non-partisan) edification!!!!

THANK YOU AGAIN & VERITAS
Old 09-13-2003, 12:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Practice eschewing obsfucation

What's wrong with double or triple dipping, as long as people have met the requirements of earning a retirement income? Is this a little bit of income jealousy on your part? If a business executive works for two or more firms, and earns a pension from each, who's to say he doesn't deserve it? And so what if Colin Powell dips out of two buckets; are you claiming he hasn't earned it, or doesn't deserve it? Is this your contribution to class warfare, or is it just a slow day there?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 01:02 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

Here we go again-

Quote-

NO, HC IS NOT WRONG", as I never said, nor did I imply, anything that referenced "Double Dipping!" But you sure as hell seem to want to make an issue of it!!

As I said (with no reference to Double Dipping on my part), "Double Standard" was the words that I used, I was merely inquiring for my own (non-partisan) edification!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I said, nothing more, nothing less, and certainly no remarks either way on the right or wrong of double dipping (at least not in this commentary), although I have my own personal views on the subject, not contained here-in! "Or will you attempt to read something into that too!?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as your reaching for straws, ie- "Is this jeolousy on your part?" I think it best that you wait for me to offer an opinion before you assume what I am thinking or even feeling! "You're not that good, at least in ESP!" (opinion)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also said nothing amis about Colin Power wearing several hats and getting paid accordingly. I have had nothing but the highest praise & regard for Powell, whom my son and I wrote to in support (and received correspondence back from, I might add) during GWI and beyond!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, it is always a slow day in the Backcountry, but I leave this class warfare nonsense to others! "I HAVE NEVER" engaged in your (so called) Class Warfare, but merely have offered up my opinions, as is the nature of this site, in both directions! "If this offends you- THEN TOUGH SHIT!"

I have always respected, if not always totally agreed with your views! Nor have I attempted to be "Cute or Contextly Creative" in my responses.

And lastly, let me repeat my offer, I was asked to moderate this site, but this does not mean that I have to be opinionless, or like that doll in the rear of some cars, always shake my head in mindless agreement!! So if you feel that you can do a better job than I, then by all means - have at it! Of course, I have no doubt that your responses, literate as they are, will be slanted in but one direction! (Again, my opinion)

If you wish to comment on "What I Say", and that is your right, then by all means - "Comment On What I Say", and not what you wish I had said!

VERITAS