The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2003, 04:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default newer members, non-participation, questions, and a proposal...

I notice that we are getting new members signed up every day, but they do not seem to want to post or participate. We now have 4,515 members and 50 - 100 active at any given time and most times far less. That is about a 1 or 2% participation rate. My proposal is that we create a separate forum for newer members to hang out and post, list what they like and dislike about the site, or whatever they want to do. None of the old-timers would post there. Just an idea, folks.
What do you think old-timers ? newer members ? I would like to hear anybody else's ideas about this....

Thanks.

Larry
Old 09-14-2003, 05:39 AM

that's pretty common I am sure... most people just come by looking for some quick info - and then there are all the old members that never stop by anymore.

I admit... I've just been stopping by and reading lately - not posting at all. School starts tomorrow so I'll be stopping by less and less.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 06:39 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default How about.............

a meet and greet forum? Larry, good idea, however, I think we should provide a place for newbies to post questions and introduce themselves with an oppurtunity for us to chime in and welcome them aboard. I've seen meet and greet threads on a few sites. Just a thought...........

Bill

King John 2.1.466
Old 09-14-2003, 09:04 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up

Ladies & Gents of PF -

Is it not possible that many of these people are readers only, and as such, they too get some enjoyment and idea from our site!

Why scare them away or denegrate them to second class membership - let them jump right in if they wish (many have, and many more will)! And for those who merely enjoy an (often) good read or an elevetion in blood pressure, hey, keep on trucking!

As far as I am concerned - "there are no newbies!" In the time that it takes to click on and tune in, they are all veteran members in good standing!

"COME ON YOU GUYS AND GALS - GET YOUR FEET WET!"

"And that's the God's Honest Truth, in my humble opinion!!"

VERITAS
Old 09-14-2003, 09:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I AGREE

with HARDCORE. I only respond to a fraction of the posts that I read. I'm sure that this is common. Not all posts invoke a response from me, or I don't feel that I have anything new to add, or the subject doesn't pique my interest, or....whatever. We have new people participate all of the time, and I think that will continue. I think the ratio is normal. Most people are voyeurs, any way .
Old 09-14-2003, 10:18 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gotsta-agree...

...with The Kid and HARDCORE.
After all,...they both make such hot-damn-good sense.

Though, not everyone has such big mouths like the rest of us. Plus, and in fairness to The Bashful Ones,...one learns infinitely more with the eyes and ears, than could ever be learned by mouth. Still, and also in fairness to the rest of us, if ANYONE (new or old) has anything important (or not) to relate,...why not share it with the rest of us? :cd: It most certainly couldn't hurt.

Neil The Big Mouth
Old 09-14-2003, 10:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

NEIL - I agree with every word you said!! "ME TOO!!"

VERITAS
Old 09-14-2003, 01:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Well being a some what Newbe, I find that I agree with Kid, Hardcore and Neil. I come here for Info and help and I read almost all that is posted. I have carried with me things I've found here and passed it on (hope you don't mind) because I find this site a wealth of info. A frindly place to drop in say hello or just to see what's going on. I have met some of the posters here and look foward to seeing them again.
What I would like to do though is Thank All of You for what you have built here and letting me enjoy it.
SEMPER FI All.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:48 PM

Well,

There is already a site and a darn good one for Newbees.

It is called:

The Patriots Files.

A person signs on and is issued a Jr Status, and after so many posts or replies, they move on up.

Just my view of this post.

enough........
Old 09-14-2003, 05:00 PM

I am WW2 vet. ,my story is the folowing
http://www.kilroywashere.org/003-Pages/ArtM/ArtM.html

I dont know if I should post the story or this address

Art