The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2003, 01:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default PTSD, phases in time of month

...does anyone else have an issue of time phases regarding PTSD,...

...It seems to me that come the last week of any given month, I start popping awake more then any other time, , my issue was/is always on the 1st of the month, and here I sit again at 4 blinky blank in the morning wide awake again, just wondering if it is tied in to "moon phase", or something like that,...

...morning John,...

...Edit}...

.......OK so now it's 5 in the morning, and coffee is kicking in, dog out to wiz without barking at anything that rustles, cat came in, meowed once in agreement that the weather is wet this morning, and she is just above getting her feet wet,...

...anyway, back to timetables, maybe it's some little bell that goes off sometimes, and this morning is one of them, don't know if it's me, or the state of everything else going on, or what's to be...

...seems everyone is out there "polling" on when the next terrorism strike will be, and around here I'm just oiling, and sharpening, and preping for winter, and then some, I guess all those old air raid drills made me think too much back then, and I feel that it is my duty to still carry that Boy Scout motto of "Be Prepared",...

...with not only "mother nature" to contend with, we have to ready ourselves to face the coming days without power, without heat from conventional sources when the when, and if's come about, if again we learned anything from the latest major storm, or huricane, it should have been to "stay ahead of everything",...

...Maybe I'm just that different, prefer to packrat supplies, and gear, whereas I see my "cushey" neighbors letting the world lead them by the purse strings, and I don't want to envision their freezing their asses off come some disaster day, but that's how I see their lazyness,...

...I know, off kilter from the post, but hell, It's 5 O' clock somewhere...................

...2nd edit|,...

...now being 0530, and the silience of the morning is still with me, the world is slowly awaking,...

...back to the continious complaint,...

...I see what I consider to be a red flag among the general public out there, after Vietnam, people got soft, they forgot what it takes to tough it out, they would rather whine about their cracks in the wall of their condo, then canning stock for the winter, they buy "HONDAKOWSAKIS', and think it will save them money, rather then buy American, and build stock in our future, how wrong they have been, because when feces hits the recip osc, I will drive over as many of them as possible when there "ain't no roads"

...I think the one thing that pisses me off the most was back on 9/11 when we were attacked, My neighbor was scared shitless, and her worry was that her son was 19, and might get "DRAFTED", and her comment was the old "I'LL TAKE HIM TO CANADA", and as I felt my blood boil at her cowardly run, and hide attitude, I suppressed the first thoughts of going up one side of her, and down the other with the sacrifices of millions along the way that have allowed her, and her family to live with the freedoms that this Nation has provided, but offered her the thought that Canada doesn't have firearms to protect itself either, so what damn good is it going to do to run, just plain stupid, and cowardly,... here take my gun, and shoot yourself for all the good your gonna do in the future with those attitudes,...

...I honestly believe that the first, and last line of defense will be the "Vietnam/ GW I, II generation" as after that, the younger generation has turned to mush........

...3rd edit}...

...0604, and still rambling on,...

...as the sun will be making it's way along the horizon, I just feel like screaming a loud wakeup call to all the soft asses out there in regards to keeping our guard up, I'm not waiting on the other shoe to drop,... until we wipe the slate COMPLETLY" clean of the terrorists worldwide, we will live looking over our shoulder, and that isn't how i want my children to live, we have become so PC in this country, it makes me puke, from "legal same sex unions" "drivers lic. for aliens", etc. ...

...I don't give a rat's ass what the public thinks of me, I won't be running for office anyway, so I'll say what I want, I'm so sick of the same shit of splitting up Americans in to Dems, or Repub's, Liberals, or "conservitives or green, or whatever, it's tit, for tat, It's what have you done for ME lately, not what can we do to help you,... they name streets after people like that, there called "ONE WAY"...

...I'm really glad that the terrorists are as stupid as they are, they could have inflicted a lot worse damage if they had really carefully plotted out more then 4 hijacked planes in 2001,...

...not on our soil was the way it felt for me growing up, and now that they blindsided us once, and we're still kicking each other in the ass instead of just straight kicking theirs, ...

...there's no halfway in this fight, it's the whole bag of ........

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2003, 03:07 AM
Doc.2/47

SJ-

Don't know much about phases of the month but DO know a bit about time of day.Haven't been able to do much more than "cat nap"at night since '70.I'm also a big believer in being prepared but I tend to come at it from a slightly diferent direction.Nobody I know could afford to have the perfect equipment/supplies for every posible emergency and if they did they would probably be hard put figureing out where to store it all.Seems to me that skills and attitude are more important.You know:Adapt.Improvise.Overcome.No matter what you have, it can always be lost to thieves,the (at the risk of repeating myself)IRS,or circumstances.Skills and attitude-once obtained-can never be taken away short of death.

Stand down,son.Go cop some Z's.I'll take the watch.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:20 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Curtis

Somehow,you`re just gonna have to tell us how you REALLY feel..LOL
Anniversary dates actually DO have an effect on those of us with PTSD.Profound,for some,not so for others.I always hated Thanksgiving and the rest of the Holiday season,and never knew the reason why until I was treated.My worst trauma occured at that time of the year.Trouble is..even being aware of it doesn`t fix it.Just more shit to work on,is all.

Hang tough,my friend...and like the doc said,catch some ZZZss.We got your back.

Peace,Griz
Old 09-23-2003, 06:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default all figured out,..

...must be this watch,...

...wife, and kids got me a watch for my birthday, and the moon phase is off, says we're at 1/4 moon now,...

...yea thats it...

...just stompin, and venting I guess, better then taking out the road rage I should have last week, asshole pulled out in front of me without nearly enough room, slammed on the brakes, dog went flying out of the back seat into the front, all 90/100 lbs of him, and yelped,...

...I got so pissed, I turned around, and chased him, caught up along side of him at the light, and in the short version, chewed him a new asshole, and he threatened to kill me, oh well, not the first time, won't be the last,...

...don't know what "junior" stage of PTSD I'm going through at this time, but I'm not too friendly to common assholes on the road, if they F*#K UP, and in fact I'm rather F*#kin outright nasty to the ones that deserve it,...

..."time to go talk to the animals",...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 09-23-2003, 07:07 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

C....good post....had to laugh when you said you would drive over as many as them as possible when there ain't no roads...

November thur Feb...for many reasons...the rest of the year just on the days that start with T's and every other day of the week. And only within a 24 hour period on those days that start with T's and every other day of the week.

It's just life goin' on. Bonnie Raitt has a song ...I'll paraphrase here..."If your whole world is shakin' baby and you don't know what to do...it's just PTSD sneakin up on you..."

It ambushes you for sure for sure.And not only hitsyou in phases but sometimes rolls over you in waves. Anyone that thinks there is a cure does not understand it. But I believe with all of my heart like many others have said in so many words. Fly the California howdy at it and keep movin'. I am totallydependent on the Lord to do that for me. Without Him andHis strength I would be a dead woman. If this weakness in my life shows His strength and His glory to someone else. Then my living has not been in vain.

Peace out...Sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 09-23-2003, 11:18 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Amen and AMEN!

Peace,Griz