The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2003, 05:25 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Is The Crap Hitting The Fan?

?A week?s worth of sour news (True or False) has been blasted across the tube in but a single day!?

More crap seems to be hitting the fan, than water slamming against the hull of Noah?s Ark
in those 40 day and 40 nights! And the true victims of this deluge of harmful crap may be our people themselves!

In what is turning out to be one of the dirtiest beginnings to election year campaigns in recent years, the news today is indeed sad and reflects badly upon some in politics, the media and even truth itself on some occasions!

On the bottom of the list is the former (alleged) sex-capades of the Kindergarten Cop!

Arnold Schwarzenegger is being accused of (and apologized for) apparently groping the busts of at least six (6) gals in recent years? Hey, maybe this is a new way of shaking hands in California! ?We always have been innovators you know!? LOL

Of course, actions of this kind (if true) are gross and unacceptable. But as was said by a media star today: ?Everyone is considered innocent until they get their day in court!? Listening to at least one ongoing trial, however, the media tried and convicted the accused, long before even the facts were in! Didn?t this use to be called ?Witch Hunting?!?

As for part of this individual?s competition for Governor of the Golden State, Bustamonte isn?t letting any grass grow under his feet either. Cruz, according to the media, is calling the man with the grip - ?Criminal!??

On a far more serious and tragic note, we are still losing Coalition Troops in Iraq at the hands of back-shooters, to the tune of 3 to 6 a week, and the wounding of about 40 more during the same time period! ?Is this the nation (Iraq) that President Bush wants to gift with $87 Billion in U.S. tax money? Our way of saying thanks perhaps??!!

The enemy in Iraq are becoming more and more cunning daily, according to military sources, and are stalking our troops and initiating about 15 to 20 attacks daily! Even the *** in charge in Iraq is saying that our action?s there could take years to culminate. ?I don?t even want to do the math on this one!??

To infuriate matters even more, North Korea is saying that it can now make 5 to 6 more nuclear bombs to add to what they already claims (?) to possess. While at the same time, Iran continues to underplay it?s potential for nuclear mayhem!

And as for those fools (opinion) at the United Nations, Kofi Annon is again criticizing the United States (nothing new here for that two-faced gentleman - opinion), the hunt for the mouth that imperiled a former Ambassador and his (CIA Operative?) wife has broadened into sacred territory, and even the poster boy for one particular political party is having to eat a little of the crow that he loved to dish out!

Maybe someone should have told this media giant, that buying and taking illegal drugs is still a no-no, even for the rich and powerful!?

?So what else could possibly go awry - outside of the Popes Health, that is!!?

?Man, it?s just one of those weeks!!!?

VERITAS
Old 10-03-2003, 04:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

HC -

And then there's the withdrawal of American troops from Liberia, and the return of that tiny nation to complete chaos, rape, murder, 40,000 people living in a stadium... so much for humanitarian military intervention?

Whatever the case may be, I am sure this has not gone unnoticed in the middle east...if ya git my drift.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 08:40 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy

BLUEHAWK ET AL -

Some people are very observant, and a few often ape what is going on around them - the old "Monkey See, Monkey Do Scenario!" And you are absolutely right, in my opinion, in assuming that things can quickly take a step backwards, shortly after the fox (even a noble fox) has departed the hen-house.

Attempting to change a century's long agenda is difficult at best, and often impossible in scope! But one still has to try when he truly believes that he is in the right!

Taking down a dangerous enemy (one of many), is not the only problem here, as I see it? Keeping him placid, productive, content and peaceful, - aye, there in lies the rub!!

The "Powers That Be" know how to accomplish the first item upon this list, but have often failed to consider the balance of the menu, as concerns Liberia and other such nations, where the few will always seek to dominate the majority, and violence is an inbred way of life!

And when a affluent nation fails militarily to bring down the beasts of averice, some will always attempt to plug the holes with a massive infusion of finance, rhetoric, and/or a democratic way of life that is not only unknown, but indeed (at times) even unwanted by eternally backward nations!

Bluehawk, I hope that I am wrong, but unfortunately, history has often proven otherwise! The perceived neo-unity of waring nations can often deteriorate in a heartbeat, when the nobility and good intentions of the one, are forcefully challenged by the greed and lust for power of another!

We, for the most part, entered this current "World Arena of Mayhem", in an attempt to leave it a little better off for our having intervened. Unfortunately, however, changing ancient ways, distrust and even hatred, is a monumental task at best!

VERITAS
Old 10-03-2003, 09:10 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

HC -
Could not agree more with your expressions above... which is, I deem, why you and I so often concur on at least the potentials of these situations. I tend to shy away from the extremes of opinion some of us cling to, usually anyway, and especially when partisan/party oriented (neither of whom deserves full trust, to say the least).

One would have thought, given our historical relationship with Liberia, we would have found it a high moral priority at fairly low cost to get in there and stay in there somehow substantially. Not doing so sends a very poor message when our government is going to such extremes in such extreme environments elsewhere, where the chances of LASTING "success" are predictably quite slim. I guess the policy makers believe the short to mid-term results are probably worth the expense of life and treasure.... time will tell, but I have my justifiable pessimism, for the reasons you mention among others.

To get rid of Hussein and the Baathists was worthwhile, for everyone concerned, no doubt...even if accomplished (as it surely was) under specious rationale. However, the pesky little matter of Wahabist Saudi Arabi remains, as does the growth of Al Qaeda throughout the muslim world. It remains to be seen HOW LONG american politicians try to hold on to control of Iraq's new government and at what final cost. If it were my army and diplomatic corps, I'd order them to stand aside and protect the Iraqis until such time as they had built the kind of democracy they, and they alone, wish to have. I would then insist on building an indefinite term base of naval, air and ground operations in the region to enforce their freedom and to avoid lengthy build-ups of supply and personnel as are likely to recur in that area in coming decades. I would insist that their elected representative take his place at the U.N. immediately. I would also fully accept the often offered cooperation of Syria to provide intel on Al Qaeda, on a front channel (regardless of what Israel does or does not prefer). I would not exacerbate or inflame Iran on the topic of nuclear matters, while at the same time supporting Russia whose technology is heavily invested in Iran's nuclear power systems.

The summary you offer as to ancient ways, distrust and hatred is too often underestimated... and far too often made much worse by a multiplier effect which is utterly uncontrollable. Indeed, the "Pax Americana" policy our government has engaged in for several years has gone a long way toward escalating those internecine social ways, and is one reson I hold far more cautious attitudes about incursion than do many others in and out of government.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The recent attack on Arnold seems to be about all that is left in the ammo bunker and is par for the course I suppose. Sorry, but I got a chuckle over all that. I have spent a lot of years with direct connects and financial management responsibilities within the show-biz community/Hollywood/Performing arts, and that entire sordid and assorted mob. So if all they got on Arnold is being mam-handed from time-to-time, I?d have to say the man is nearly a living Saint as compared to the rest of that mob, LOL. I never met any of those people where the reality of who was doing what or whom and in what order of priority wasn?t a serious issue, goodness. :ek:

I believe the People of California are smart enough to see the issues that need to be dealt with and make their best choices next week. I?m not necessarily pulling for any particular candidate but hope the process brings reality to the plate so that a reasonable recovery plan can be made and implemented. I am pulling for some form of object lesion that shows that the voters can and will say enough is enough and this could serve as a warning to a lot of other western States where similar fiscal serendipity is the rule, not the exception.

As to Liberia, I wasn?t a fan of getting into that mess in the first place and as a general policy, I believe getting into any intra-African dispute only makes things worse, not better. If we offer up the hope that some supposed winner is going to hit the USA the five-reel jackpot, then we are part of the problem, not the solution. Supervised assistance, yes, making pals and gaining solidarity with the next set of tribal bandits to grab up power or establishing an alternative form of government is bad news for all concerned and will only set off the next civil war of the moment. Somalia should have our grad school in all that, if not, maybe we need to replay the movie one more time.

Scamp
Old 10-04-2003, 07:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Scamp -
I was just thinking though, isn't it wise to come to the aid of those whom we've HAD a role with in the past? Know what you're talking about in terms of getting ourselves into places, e.g. Somalia, but seems like "we" get ourselves into a lot of places, directly and indirectly that are real dicey.

I tend to think of "old friends" first is all, but maybe personal conduct doesn't translate well into global politics.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

Gents - This is not rendering an opinion either way, but "Global Politics" (right or wrong), are what have toppled some great nations of the past!!

VERITAS
Old 10-06-2003, 09:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sure Blue.......

Old friends are old friends. However I see a clear distinction between intervention verses helping pick up the pieces when the smoke and dust clears and the bleeding stops. If the Liberians are to have a civil war, let them have it for their own reasons and purposes and nether side should expect the USMC to roll on in to be a pistolaro that takes sides. As an example, if Canada were to get into some kind of internal flail we would make eternal enemies if we intervened but would be continued best friends if we were there to help at the end of the day. Good friends are there to pick up the pieces, console the combatants, help mourn their losses, and then help speed recovery and reconciliation. The key issue is that tribal Africa has to want to find an end to perennial civil war among equally disgusting tribal bandits. I don?t see that the US/UN, or any other power on earth, can help them do that, only they can do that.
As another example: During our own Civil War the Brits and French had a financial vested interest and sympathies with the Confederacy and were not at all best pals with the emerging industrial giant of the north, especially with then Pres. Abraham Lincoln. The Union sea blockade had brought the British fabric mills to their knees and the British Royal Navy had the might to end the Union sea blockade, but choose not to do that. Instead they dug the Suez Canal and got their much needed cotton crop from India. A very wise move on their part for intervention would have changed world history, as we know it, big time.
So I believe it in our best interest to take a lesson and find the wisdom in keeping our beaks out of some things. Thanks for the comment Bro Blue.

Scamp
Old 10-06-2003, 10:06 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Brother Scamp -
Yup, I see the reasoning you've expressed... why do something major for anyone who won't do/haven't done as much as they can for themselves.

I'll never (listen this old reb spoutin' off, again, my land) forgive the Brits for not coming to the aid back when... just do not want to be among their ilk, which is why I go with old friends even when it ain't exacraly comfortable. I always get a kind of cringe twitch in my heart whenever our government allies itself with the Brits, all things considered. I'm not a big fan of that bunch... I mean, "Ulster"? What the hell is "Ulster"!

I'd rather it be said I kept faith with friends than not, even if their hope is forelorn.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default N.Ireland

Ulster is a section of Belfast, N.Ireland. Predominitely Protestant. People from Ulster are known as Orangemen and on St.Pattys day they wear the Orange insted of Green.