The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2003, 10:35 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Wink America's Future - A Personal note

An old wrinkled Sea-bee buddy of mine once said (and I have followed his advice ever since), "When you straddle barbed wire with one foot in the future and the other in the past, yer liable to rip yer bag."

So, without doing that straddle, I'd like to take up a minute of your time with the following observation I have arrived at on one of the futures for this our blessed America.

This is not intended for political debate, it's just an emotion and instinctive feeling. The convincing is in the past.

I heard a respected expert Talking Head the other night using figures and statistics to prove that within the next 50 (or fewer) years our country IS going to be more than 51% (at least) hispanic population.

Without going into all the stuff about immigration and political correctness, I would just like to say here and now that I sure am glad I will NOT be around to see that day come.

Nothing against hispanic folks, nothing at all. I just do not want to live in an America where Spanish is the language of the dominant population, or where catholicism (nothing against those folks either) is the dominant religion. What is worse, I am not happy to have had any part in allowing laws to be passed which have made this unwelcome change inevitable.

For anyone over the age of 55, way too much has changed in America since we were born already. I know some has been by far for the best, but what we have thrown out in the bath water was wasted on the pavement.

We let this happen, WE did... so, like most every other aging man from here on in I intend to enjoy these last years of the America I once knew and so deeply love. Won't have been my first broken heart, don't ya know... but this one is a real big one.

I'll have my personal memories.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2003, 05:11 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Interesting commentary Blue, but, I.........

must admit a little confusion as to where you are going. The one thing that is great about this country is how fluid it can be and at the same time be solid as a rock. Our constitution was constructed by a remarkable group of people who had the foresight to anticipate changes and how we would deal with them.

Through out our history, we have been a very adaptable people. We can be isolationist or meddling, we can be liberal or conserative. we can interpret the constiution strictly or loosely. That is the beauty of the system. You and I may bemoan the loss of innocence we had in the 50's. My kids laugh when I tell them what the 50's were like. And, I lived then in the same county I do now. I have seen bridges torn down, roads built, lakes dammed all in the name of progress. Like it or not the Supreme Court is also a reflection of our times. They can easily reverse Roe v. Wade if the right mix of judges winds up in the high court and change our life yet again. We are on a pendulum swinging back and forth.

Whether we are 51% Hispanic and/or Catholic in 20 or 30 years, well who cares? I'm an Irish Lutheran, go figure!! The constitution guarantees freedom of press, expression, religion. One day (hopefully, not too soon) :-) you and I will be dust, others will take up the banner and worry about the countries defense or their kids education. Somebody else will inevitably complain about the current Presidential goofball. But the constiution will still be there and still safeguard the majority of the people.

The one thing that truly bothers me about today is our lack of security on our borders. Here the United States has a grave dilemma to sort out. On the one hand we want to keep out terrorists who are bent on destroying our lives. On the other hand, does the phrase "Give me your tired, your humble your poor, huddled masses yearning to be free" mean anything to you?

Over the years you see certain waves of immigrants. Our founders were predominantly English followed by the Irish then the Germans, Swedes Poles and then Hispanics. Then you had the mass migration of former slaves after the Civil War. Every class of people who come here have helped this country in one way or another.

At work ( I manage a building in NYC), the building office staff speaks English but has a couple of bilingual folks in it. My engineers speak English. My cleaners speak English, Russian, Slavic, Spanish and Portuguese but they all have to know English to communicate to the building office. So I'm not bothered by change in that manner. I am more concerned about eroding values and morality. I was worried about my kids for awhile, I thought we had failed them. But as they grow older, I see that we did fine. They have matured just as I hoped. Blue in conclusion, we can only impart our own values on our progeny and hope that they see the light. Beyond that, i don't know what else to say.

Regards,

Bill :cd:

King John 2.1.466
Old 10-05-2003, 05:51 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Bill -
I know what you mean... and would utter, or would have thought, the same or similar.

With the sides at impenetrable loggerheads these recent decades, and steadfastly vowing to continue thusly, I just see no other possibility because even the pendulum has little chance of rectifying things, IN TIME.

As selfish as it is to say this, I simply do not want America to become an Hispanic-controlled nation. 51% of 280,000,000+ people is a lot of people, all of whom will probably still be entitled to or endowed with "minority" language and preferential treatment rights even then.

Adding to irony is the fact that the Blacks have joined league with Hispanics against all others, or at least to the implicit exclusion of all others... among the most transparently self-serving strategic socio-political moves in recent memory.

I lived in the heart of The Mission district in San Francisco, and worked for several years managing cultural facilities.

The one hope remaining, in our lifetimes at least, is that it will require several more decades than the next 5 for the juggernaught to fully envelope the many truly rural villages.

Given the current inability of the Fed, our southwestern States, and certain major urban centers, to control illegal immigration, then I see no other possible outcome. It just is not a high enough priority, and the socio-economic forces at work are simply overwhelming.

Had I any doubt about this, I would not have written it in the first place.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:57 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

p.s.

If I may say so, I believe America might be wise to call, at least, a moratorium on accepting as citizens the huddled masses yearning to be free... we've absorbed our full share of immigrant waves; since the mid-1600s.

Never thought I would ever see myself write those words.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Doc.2/47

Mike-

Don't believe you've said a word that I would disagree with.However I have a hard time becomeing as concerned about the problem as you seem to be because I don't believe that either I or America (as we understand the term) will be here in 50yrs.I'd give myself about another decade and the country maybe two.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:01 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Dang Doc... well, if you are right, then it'll been a joy and honor to meet ya.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:56 PM

Bluehawk,

I HAVE TO AGREE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!!!!!!!

I was going to stop at that but, you dont live far from Dallas. Come on down and take a look see.

I am not predujice (sp), but the Illegals from Mx, are over running.

What they want is a better life, and we give it to them and forget about our own.

Next thing you know is they will want the Alamo.......

Tulsa is a big city and full of what we have down here, but I bet it aint near what you think is bad.

Now the Fired Dallas Police Chiefs personnel are going crazy because of his firing. They will get their way also.

The Dallas Cowboys are bitching about not enough Blacks on the high up positions ( not players), but the white collar ones.

This country is for Native Americans I say, not the ILLEGALS, and I will always say that........

I had better shut my mouth.....

enough........
Old 10-06-2003, 02:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I?d question the digits and stats but I do know that a similar thing is happening in Germany. The Germanic population has a negative growth rate and the Turkish population in Germany is expanding by leaps and bounds. I just wonder who is going to pay for all those super expensive social welfare programs they got going on. The Turkish guest workers aren?t paid enough to contribute much so the last German left is going to have one hell of a tax bill I?d say.
From my perspective the future is already here. I was in the shopping mall in Reno this weekend and scarcely a word of English could be heard. I brushing up on my Spanish so I won?t get left behind or miss something important. Besides that, several of our cable channels are in Spanish and it looks like they are having some wild times so I had better get up to speed and check it out.

Scamp
Old 10-06-2003, 02:34 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Well Friends...

Despite all the doom and gloom, I'm sad to say that I can't disagree with any of you on the troubling matter of great concern for America. Besides,...history,political dictates, logic and common sense all insure that any large and greatly divided political kakistocracy such as America (The Roman Empire also) CAN NEVER LAST FOREVER.

Still, and on that immigration or citizen "Moratorium" bit to forestall the inevitable,...I don't believe that any legitimate immigrants (once on quotas) coming here over the years are or were ever the actual problem or root cause of Sovereign America going down-the-tubes. Hey,...aren't we all immigrants or children of immigrants here, anyway?

ALL BLAME for everything troublng America (as I see it), belongs solely to all our politicos, leaders and/or rulers of whatever bent, since over the MANY years encouraging MANY MANY illegal entrants, by merely not prosecuting The MANY MANY to the fullest extent of the law, deporting such and/or doing with such as most all other nations on earth normally do.

Basically stated, we don't presently and never had an immigration problem. We have and have had for MANY, MANY, MANY years a: "Criminally Illegal Alien Invasion" problemo,...which MANY American Politicos have simply refused to address, since not overly-sensitive, not overly-caring and/or not politically-correct enough to correct.

Therefore, and again the way I see things, don't think it too far fetched that America will eventually become like a Hong Kong West. Naturally, don't believe that Chinese will ever become the prevelent language. But then, and since we won't be here, and children normally pick-up new languages quite easily,...what-the-hell's-to-worry-about all you old honkies or gringoes (myself included)?

Neil
Old 10-06-2003, 02:53 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Yup guys, gotta polish up on that ole Spanish just to make it through looks like, and yup, never was all that much of a problem the legal newcomers.

Still, gonna miss the old America... and be heading out to the remote hinterlands in my winter years.

Dunno what ever made me imagine it could ever be the same...