The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2003, 02:11 PM

Default Police Brutality/Self Defense

Just an opion wanted:

This dude from Cincinatti Ohio , one Nathaniel Jones age 41 died after in custody of the police.

You have most likely seen it on tv.

From what you seen ( not heard );

Were the police in the proper respecttively manner they were suppose to be.

The police were fighting for their lives also.

This Mr. Jones. 350 lbs, high on Coke, PCP is on a rage.

Had an enlarged heart, plus the fact of the drugs.

Tried and tried like heck to get the cops, shows that plainly.

In my words, Karen asked me what I would do this morning after she seen it. I told her simple. Him Or Me. !!!

In simple language I told her that if I seen some VN aiming right at me for the intent to hurt or kill, which comes first. I would shoot first and ask questions later ( even to the officers ) . After all it is my life....

JUST AN OPION ON THIS, ( so dont get up tight )

enough.........
Old 12-02-2003, 07:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Reeb; me and the wife agreed that the 350# perp was definitely resisting arrest and tried several times to hurt the arresting officers so the only thing that killed him was his enlarged heart ,high blood pressure and his being under the influence and thinking he could take on the entire Cinncinnatti Police Force single handedly, Not a smart idea for anyone. So in my opinion no police brutality there in this case.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:26 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I do not think those cops set out to do anything bad. When that big of a man come at you and hits you, you have to defend yourself and the life of your partner(in this case)
There is always people who want stuff to hit the fan and cause a big hopla.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 06:09 AM

One never knows until in that position. Survival kicks in one thinks of his or her possibility of being badly hurt under those circumstances.

All the training in the world can not always prevent events such as those we saw on TV. Unless you are in that position under those exact circumstances you and I can't really relate to the issue of whether or not too much force was used.

We all regret seeing such brutality but again not being in those circumstances I can't relate to much more than I've said.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 10:10 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gun shots

The last thing that guy should have heard before dieing is CLICK. That would have been my empty gun.

Ron
Old 12-03-2003, 12:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default and from another point of view...

Old 12-03-2003, 06:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down THE CORONER'S

report also showed that this guy had both cocaine and PCP in his system. PCP is well documented as causing violent behavior and almost super-human strength in people. Even "a good old, fat jolly fella." Plus, either one of these drugs has the capability of killing someone with a bad heart by themselves. I don't know why this was ruled a homocide. I'm guessing to appease the black community. These guys are going to get off, though. The defense is going to call a bus load of "expert witnesses" to verify all of this. There will definately be "a shadow of a doubt" about the guilt of these police officers.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:45 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Tom

The term homocide doesn't me the cops did anything wrong. It means that the cause of death was the struggle, in that, he would have most likely NOT died if there hadn't been one.
If the cops were chaseing him down the road and he died, it would have been rulled a homocide because the chase was the cause of death.
The cops didn't do anything wrong, it will go to a grand jury and be thrown out.

Ron
Old 12-04-2003, 07:38 AM

Total self defense.

Ron is correct in the terminology of homicide.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Obviously lethal force was used and Jones died. From the video clip it appears that Jones was a rampaging bull but the clip also shows the Cop using lethal force once Jones was down but not completely subdued. Regardless of what a Grand Jury might rule or opine, the image of that Cop double-handing that night stick like a whaling lance is going to stick in the public eye and it isn?t going to go away. If lethal force on an unarmed man like that is within some acceptable procedure, then I have a sinking feeling Cincinnati is in for some real rough times ahead.

As well, I hope Cincinnati has real deep pockets as the gold rush is on and in a civil suit the image of that Cop in the role of some ?Capt. Ahab atop Moby Dick, lancing away? is going to be the ballgame and I?m sure there are many experts for hire that will attest to the lethal nature of the blunt end of a night stick. My guess is that as the issue gathers momentum, the Rodney King episode will look like small potatoes.

Scamp