View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2004, 12:04 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question The Passion of the Christ

Was just wondering what some of your views on this movie is. Do you plan to see it or do you think it sounds really anti-semitic? Do you think that the violence is to much or justified in this case?

I for one know I am going to see it
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2004, 12:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sure do melody!

I hate that when someone portrays history correctly, he is put down. People are saying the movie is anti-semetic because it shows the Jews pursicuting Christ. Well, that's history. It sure won't make me go out and hurt any Jews. Hell, I've known that since Bible School as a child.

I didn't hear anyone complaining after seeing Saving Private Ryan that we need to go hurting Germans again.

The reviews I've heard and read are marvalous. I'm going.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 02-18-2004, 12:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Was raised a Methodist and went to Sunday school and then church every Sunday. Haven't been to church since I got back from Viet Nam. Have read the reviews and saw some previews. They say its like being at the foot of the cross. I am going
Old 02-18-2004, 12:57 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I am offended that those certain Jewish leaders think this will insite anti-semetic behavior. I'm sure it will in a few because they were that way to begin with. I for one am not that stupid. The truth of it to me is that we all nailed him to that cross....not just one group or the other.

I watched the making of this on TBN last night and it is going to be something. They talked about how some miracles happened during filming. One person's hearing healed and anothers sight. Also a person was struck by lightening twice and the actor who plays Jesus was struck by lightening while filming a scene on the cross. Also the person they have playing the devil is one of the creepist things I have seen in my life.

I think its going to be a wonderful film.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post It's an interesting film:

The language of the film for the most part is Aramaic (the common Hebrew of time of Christ) a little Latin also. The Film is done in sub-titles.
It tries to portray the last days of Christ according to the gospels to best of their ability. It stick very close to the Biblical Text.

The violence is very graphic = R rating.

I guess these Jewish leaders think that reading the New Testament will also cause anti-Semitic flash back. I think all their objects will cause more to see the film so they can see what all ruckess is about.

I think it will be a good film. Then maybe folks will understand exactly what Christ went through to become our subsitute for sin.

Keith
Old 02-18-2004, 02:16 PM

I just tried to vote on this POLL, and the dam thing wont let me.

Sick and tired of it.

Where am I screwing up at?????????

enough..............
Old 02-18-2004, 03:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Brother Reeb -
Sometimes when I click my Poll dot, I forget to also click the "vote" button there down below... maybe that was it?

If not, maybe just say it in your own words what you think on this deal?

Higs, kisses and diving fer catfish at the Shiver in the River
Old 02-18-2004, 03:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Melody -

I was thinking, it is about time people started to describe and discuss our history the way it was. So, Mr. Gibson has given it his best try, and I intend to go see it, alone if necessary... Lady Carol has not decided if'n she wishes to endure it.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:20 PM

Send a message via ICQ to hooah Send a message via AIM to hooah Send a message via Yahoo to hooah

Our pastor went to a meeting down South last week, and that mission apparently bought tickets for movie theaters around America, which is very nice of them. They gave us about 50 tickets in hope that we can persuade some non Christians to see the movie. We plan on going the Saturday of the first week it comes out with the free tickets given to us. For me, personally, it was a chance to invite many friends to come see it, and three are coming, which for me is a big thing. The youth from our church is gonna go see it the day it comes out, which i am very exited about. I think it is an opportunity for others to see the real story.
And if one thinks that it is anti semitic, then so be it. theres always gonna be controversy. Always. I persuade all of you guys to go. Im sure it will be a pleasant experience for all.

You can find us in the horizon...
Old 02-18-2004, 10:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I will see it but probably for the not the best of reasons. From the get-go the NYT and some of Hollywood?s supposed elite have been blasting Mel Gibson, his family and harassing him over this production. So, given that situation, I find good enough reason for to go support the effort and see another great Mel Gibson production.
I can understand the ADL concern but I think they are boiling a tempest in a teapot and will cause more interest than not. For me, if main line Christian theologians consider the movie to be biblically based and accurate, then I?ll be good to go and probably learn something.

Scamp