The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2004, 07:55 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question UNBELIEVABLE!

The Associated Press reported in today?s newspapers that ?Arnold Schwarzenegger?, the ?Governator of California? would not object to changes in the State?s marriage laws!?

BURBANK - Governor Schwarzenegger said yesterday that same sex marriages would be fine with him, if the courts or the voters change state law and make them legal!!

In a rare appearance on the Leno Show, along with the man from the other political party that he replaced (Davis), Mr. Muscles said that he supported the law that California Voters approved, in that marriage can only involve a man and a woman! (AMEN TO THAT)

?We have a law on the books? Schwarzenegger proclaimed, ?so I am against them handing out the licenses because I think that they should abide by the law!?

When asked, however, if the law was changed, would he have any problem with that, he responded, according to Associated Press: ?No, I have no problem!? Let the court and people decide, he added!"

Ergo, the reason why most Americans could never make it in politics. We are a race of proud, straight and opinionated cusses (for the most part). When the Ten Commandments were removed from a particular court house in the South, many of us bitched up a storm!

When morality was dealt a near mortal blow by our own courts, most detested the Court's stance, and instead, rallied to the side of common decency!

When "God Himself" was stripped from many of our sacred documents, was it not these same "Assasins Of God - U. S. Supreme Court" that protected their own regal asses by still offering-up invocations to the Almighty - behind closed doors?

Now, our "Muscle-Bound California State Honcho", unlike his equally gutsy counterpart in Alabama, has opted to play both ends to the middle! He can (apparently) take same sex marriages or leave them, if of course, the State so decrees!

?Now where in the late 1930?s did we hear (at least in part) that same logic before!?? "Hmmm!"

VERITAS
Old 03-14-2004, 08:16 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking

Hell, George Orwell (Eric Blair) was a wimp compared to some of the dangerous fools trampling upon the moral midway these days!

The path back to a microbe existence has been re-engineered in the morbid minds of control-hungry fools! Many of these snot-oozing micro-brains would have us revert to the cave or slime-bogs of pre-Cambrian yore, thereby reincarnating the unimaginably grotesque! (In a word, de-evolution!!)

When allowed to go unchecked, putridity will eventually rule supreme and mankind will drown in his own regurgitated bile!! Uncontrollable absolute power is, all too often, a breeding grounds for such malignant infections. The religious, the moral and the compassionate, are fast becoming politically incorrect. Replaced instead, by the dictates of the beasts of power, greed, decay and big money!! (opinion)

VERITAS
Old 03-14-2004, 09:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

This thread has no relevance to military concerns, and for that reason I ask that it be closed.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:25 AM

Arnold answered it so that he could play both sides.

Of course, he would would go for it if the law and people required it. He'd HAVE TO!

However, he stopped short of saying he supported it, either way.

He's become a politician pretty quick.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:36 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default BLUE...

First-off, and even though HARDCORE normally writes more powerfully than on: "UNBELIEVABLE", friends disagreeing with friends, and especially about POLITICS on a POLITICAL FORUM, is truly no-big-deal. Hey,...we're supposed to be Americans here, and not just a bunch of politically dictated and/or obedient robots.
I wouldn't have it any other way, and: "That the way I like it,...uh-hu...uh hu".

However, where I draw the line in the sand is against unwarranted righteous indignation coupled with CENSORSHIP,...and especially when done to a Friend. It's just not right,...even when done to a stranger.

Besides, it doesn't even make sense to want to TOTALLY CENSOR the low-rating of some POLITICIAN on a POLITICAL FORUM. The back and forth of it all is was POLITICS is all about,...other than dividing people to better attain or retain power and control.

Also BLUE, and amongst all your excuses of why doing so given, you failed mentioning why I was forced to write a new thread: "UNBELIEVABLE II", just so I could repond to you and let-off-steam. Never seen before,...The "Post Reply" tab at the bottom then read: "NO Reply". WOW!!!

Coincidentally, by some miracle, or whatever,...only minutes after (I checked) posting my new thread specifically for responding to you,...VOILA, same tab read: "Post Reply" ONCE AGAIN. Would certainly like hearing that: "Glitch" explained.

Neil
Old 03-15-2004, 10:18 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default P.S.....BLUE.

Good post by HARDCORE aside, and just out of curiosity,...are my statements to you about your attempted CENSORING: "NONSENSE & WHAT BALLS", "TOTAL & OMNIPOTENT CENSOR" and "Being so lordly and/or cavalierly authoritarian",...considered: "Harsh name calling" here on the patriotfiles.com POLITICAL FORUM? I surely don't think so.

I honestly thought I was being much more mellow than usual or need be, considering that this is a Veterans Site,...and not some Childrens' Site. Regardless, I'm sorry if I hurt your and your supportive friend's feelings. Don't pout, and let's move on.

Neil
Old 03-15-2004, 12:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Recon -

I did not censor anything or anyone.

I ain't pouting.

My feelings were not hurt.

I'm glad to have supportive friends.

I just think a 175mm was used to attack an imaginary enemy, that's all
Old 03-15-2004, 02:14 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default BLUE...

As previously stated,..."No-big-deal".

Still, and when SEEING (not imagined): "NO Reply" for awhile at the bottom HC's Post,...such really got my hackles up, and especially after reading Your Reply (You get to reply and I don't?) to HC's Posting.

Hey, and anyway it's sliced,...if it seems like censorship, looks like censorship, and smells like censorship,...WELL???

Besides, HC must be thrilled that his posting will in all likelihood be much wider read, what with given all this extra notoriety. Hell BLUE,...he'll probably even send you a Thank You card.

Neil
Old 03-16-2004, 07:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

Hey old Buddy,...give me a hand here. I'm getting tired of defending Your (OR ANY American's) right to: "Unfettered Free Speech" and/or what some might superiorily deem acceptable,...and especially when discussing the lowest form of animal life on The Planet, considered by some to be: "Career Politicos and Cliques" and/or "Professional People Rulers, Controllers, Manipulators and supportive Hacks".

P-U-U-U-LEASE,...Neil

P.S. Naturally Rick, I only speak of others when stating: " Considered by some to be:" WHATEVER. Believe that,...and I'll sell you DisneyLand...AGAIN!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 08:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb

NEIL et al -

What is to be surprised about? The critters that you referenced are a breed unto themselves. Totally divorced from logic and the general welfare, they operate in the gray areas of bare existence - ie- "ONE FOR ALL (POLITICOS), AND ALL FOR ME!" To refer to these creatures (for the most part) as humanity, is akin to calling a skunk a daffodil!

With political position, comes an exaltation to near goddom (Or is that God-Damned)? Like the butterfly, they deny ever having been a larva. They become fairly immuned from the mere laws of common decency, equality, fair play and the Golden Rule.

The fatal flaw in their (politicians) reasoning, comes not - in not realizing that even a common slug bedecked in mink is but carrion itselves! Rather, they fool themselves (and the majority as well), into truly believing that they have arisen to the heavens and have assumed the position of the "Second Coming!

Who do I fault for the tragic and potentially fatal path to inevitably oblivion - "Not totally the political beast itself, as a boy will always be a boy, and most moral maggots rarely evolve! Rather, I fault the mindless followers of an infestation, as they, (you see), had a choice - one that often goes ill-used or unused! And then when terminally infected themselves, they bitch unto the death, rather than seeking remedial treatment!

"NOVEMBER FAST APPROACHES!!"

VERITAS