The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2004, 02:38 PM

Default Pets vs Humans

I dont know all the facts, but if you are interested click onto Dallas Morning News and see what you can find out.

Seems as if this county of Dallas is going to the pets.

Within a 6 day period, there were two Human lives taken from car accidents on George Bush Freeway that could have been avoided , if the retaining wall was there.

Now today 4/15/04 there was another SERIOUS wreck there, cause of no retaining wall.

These lanes go from 8 to 2 is from what I have seen. Yep, alot of traffic ( and I dont mean drugs ).

Noone comes up with the money to put it there, and YET..........

The damn mayor of Dallas goes ahead and grants a $ 95,000.00 job to be done on WHY THE DAMN GORILLA ESCAPED FROM THE ZOO.

Which is going to be Human Life or a Darn Ape????????????

This whole world is going upsidedown to me........

enough.............
Old 04-16-2004, 06:09 AM

Reeb,
I heard a radio report of 3 idiots playing "football" with a small dog. The dog died of course. The report mentioned that over the course of 2 days there were 7 pages of newspaper coverage of the event. Outrage, anger, sadness etc. At the same time a 2 1/2 year old boy died because his mother refused to give him water. It was summertime in an unairconditioned building. The temp was over 100 in there. He died from dehyrdration. There was a 2 paragraph story on the 5 th page of the second section of the paper. No public outrage, no public anger, no wringing of hands asking "how could this possibly happen." And to top it all off, the mother got a very light sentence for child endangerment. Endangerment? In my opinion, it was murder.
Anyway, the point is that our world is indeed turned upside down when a dog merits more concern than a baby.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Reeb........

I suspect it tis the timeless saga of the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. The media isn?t going to spend any time on non-catchy stuff and certainly a gorilla on the loose is catchy stuff. A dangerous section of an interstate or freeway isn?t catchy stuff necessarily unless and until there is an intense human-interest story.
Politicos only service the fish flopping around on their desk that have the public eye and if the gorilla is there and the dangerous situation is not, then that is what will be serviced. And it could be that the freeway section comes under a Fed, State or County venue and not a City venue. I don?t know how it works in Tahas, but here highways are a Fed, State or County AO.
Gawd forbid our City politicos get their grippers on so much as an alley way, yikes!!!!!!, we?ll come to a complete standstill for a billion years or until the local media shows up to take a pic of one of those good old boys holding a shovel and smiling like a Tom cat that just found fresh sand and a certain scent, LOL.

And of course Animal Rights and such can draw some mighty feisty and vocal characters/activists to City Hall and ya can bet the media will be hot on their trail to catch the action and play it up big time. And equally, ya can bet the politicos will do everything possible to get those flopping fish of their desk ASAP with as little negative exposure as possible. Aarrgg, sometimes I think PETA intimidates the politicos more than Osama bin Laden could ever think of. :ek:

Scamp
Old 04-16-2004, 06:53 PM

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

When we hear about the tribulations of strangers, it doesn't affect us in the same way as hearing about the tribulations of animals, especially the gooey, cuddly ones. That's just a reality. I can't give you all the whys and hows of it; I don't have that training.

If I see a motor vehicle fatality on the highway I feel sombre and am glad it wasn't one of mine. If I see a dead dog on the highway I generally choke back a few. Just the way it is.