The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2004, 07:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Update 5/14/04 On Colonel Bob Morgan

Colonel Bob Morgan, Former Pilot, B-17 Memphis Belle (25 Missions Europe & 25 Missions- Dauntless Dotty Asian Theatre)

MEDICAL UPDATE

Bob has been in the hospital 23 days today. He's been in Intensive Care for the 2nd time since last Monday (4 days).

He's stable but still listed as critical. Stable means his blood pressure, oxygen level, heart rate are holding good. Yesterday he was given a blood transfusion for anemia.

I took an old lady friend with me yesterday to visit at 5pm (we can only get into ICU 4 times a day at 11am, 2, 5 & 8:30pm for 15 minutes). Of course we try to stretch the time until the nurse asks us to leave.

Anyway Dianne wore her big red hat that Bob has always liked and between the two of us telling him to "open those big baby blues and look at us" he did for a moment. He focused on us and turned his eyes toward his male nurse Brian - a real gem.

He was holding Diane's hand on the left and mine on the right, then he reached up and took her hat off and was holding it in his left hand. Then he touched her face & hair.

This was a monumental reaction. The other nurses were clapping and quietly saying YEA - you can't yell in ICU.

So I'll be back at 11 today and Dianne is coming at 2pm and we're just going to keep at him and see if he'll open his eyes and keep them open.

It's going to break his heart when he does wake up and realize he's been there 23 days.

Please keep the prayers going. I know he can hear them and I truly believe the spiritual support he's receiving from all of you is keeping him going.

I'll keep you updated when something significant happens.

God bless each of you.

Linda Morgan
Asheville, NC 28804