The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2004, 01:26 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Vietnam

Just watching CNN. They had a couple of guys on who were in the Swift Boats with John Kerry when he was supposed to have saved a special forces guy. The Navy Officer who was anti-Kerry said the day this incident took place he was commanding a boat that was sailing with Kerry?s. He says that Kerry?s report says they were taking heavy fire, and explosion which causes his injury on his arm (for which he did not go to the hospital), the explosion that threw the SF guy into the river didn?t happen! He said no one else in the command was wounded and there was no damage, no bullet holes in any of the boats, no one else heard any fire. The report Kerry wrote said they were under heavy fire and there were explosions (RPG?s) going off.

Regardless of one?s political preference it?s odd that 3 or 4 boats were moving in close formation and only people on one boat came under ?heavy fire?. It also seems odd there was no damage to anything, except a scrape on Kerry?s forearm.

When the officer was asked why he never brought this up before, he said he never knew what was in the report Kerry wrote, never knew he got two medals out of that particular ride down the river.

Also, the special forces guy said that there was an explosion of some kind which caused him to fall off the boat. That Kerry did turn around and pick him up. I?m not saying anyone is lying. Three eye witnesses to a crime may see three different incidents, that?s normal. But, I also recall how some, not all, some chopper pilots would put themselves in for a silver star just for flying into a hot LZ.

I wish Kerry would just say, ?I served?, not ?I?m a hero?. Course I don?t trust anyone who say?s ?I?m a hero.?

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2004, 02:16 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Andy...

Someone once said that: "The Truth is not always kind". Regardless, and quite differently in Kerry's case, "His" variations of truths about "His" heroic service and "His" hard-earned decorations and Purple Hearts,...are downright disgusting and insult every decoration and Purple Heart EVER ACTUALLY EARNED & WARRANTED in history. And all that insulting of Good Men (both alive, deceased or posthumously awarded),...just for political advancement? Absolutely amazing (actually disgusting)!!!

Besides, don't believe that even: "Rambo" could've received 3 Purple Hearts, while only 3-4 months; "In country",...and never requiring hospitalization or medical attention, other than for a scratch.

Hell,...maybe if Kerry had caught Poison Ivy over there, he might have racked-up 4 Purple Hearts? Seems about right. Doesn't it, Andy?

Neil
Old 08-05-2004, 04:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The more I read about John Kerry, the more I have decided he is much, much lower than whale-shit AND lawyers.

I have decided to vote for the Libertarian candidate, Michael Badnarik.

I cannot in good conscience vote for Bush and his administration. If you wonder why, just look at some of my previous posts. I will not go into all that
crap-ola again.

Nader was an option, but my heart lies with the Libertarian philosophy and party.

for more info go to : www.lp.org/

If you want to move my post to the "politics" forum, that is OK by me.

I am not going to post much of anything else about politics ( past, present, or future ) until after the election in November. It just gets me too depressed......

Larry
Old 08-05-2004, 06:18 PM

Actually it is time for a third party . Thanks for the lp.org , interesting .
Old 08-05-2004, 08:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Actually, I think it?s time for the addition of a few more parties. Most certainly the Democratic party needs to split up into at least two as their agenda covers way too much ground and we see flimflammers like TJ putting way to many deals on the street that are diametrically opposed to each other and ya cant do both, no way.
As for myself, I?m looking for the Reality Party. But alas no such thing so I guess I?ll hang out as an identified and accused neo conservative with independent leanings but definitely on the right hand side of the chalk line about 17.27658231 smidgeons to the right of center stripe, given that full scale right is 100 smidgeons.

Scamp
Old 08-06-2004, 08:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Yes... multiple parties would bring some semblance of common sense to the political two-party system that has as its total rationale only to get re-elected every 4 years. ( And would also produce real competition in both houses of Congress.. ) The problem is that the next race starts the day after the election and both parties have as their only concern raising ever massive amounts of cash, and very little else. The parties only serve to divide the populace on many key issues and prevent real reforms and the passage of laws to benefit all for now and our children and heirs in the future. Our political system is a total disgrace. 'Nuf Sed.

Larry