The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2004, 08:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Welcome Home , good to see you

Part of my job is to run my company's relocation. Every once in awhile I talk to a new vendor just to see what's going on. Today a RVN AF Vet rep from a moving company came by and in the middle of his presentation says he is a little distracted cause he just found out his son , a Bradley Gunner , is coming home soon from Iraq and he is so glad because he has been so scared. He then finished his talk. When he finished I stood up and shook his hand and said " Welcome Home , good to see you. For you and your sons service you'll get our next move " A sandstorm blew through but we recovered quickly and he left. Guy I know lost his 26 year old son to a sniper two weeks ago. We can stand together or hang alone. God bless all those who have served and are serving , that protect my family and I. Scouts Out !
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2004, 08:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

At the Vietnam reunion in Kokomo, they had a flag raising ceremony followed by the announcer asking if there were anyone who returned from or going to Iraq. There were 3. They were brought up on stage where all the Vietnam vets lined up and everyone personally got to thank them. You never seen a sand storm like this one.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 10-03-2004, 12:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

god bless them all
Old 10-04-2004, 04:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Praise,...

...With the current issues at hand, it is wonderful to see the "public" taking the time all around the Nation to express their gratitude, I see thousands of the yellow magnetic ribbons attached to cars/trucks, and although they are silient, they speak in roars,...

......By reaching out, and offering our support, those that have, or are currently serving, they will pass on the tradition,...

...I look at the statement "bleeding heart liberals" and just surmize that they have never "bled", or been injured in any way, but they are the ones that "baa-baa the loudest, longest with ever saying, or doing anything positive to support this Nation,...

...John It is a good thing you do when you promise to offer your buisnes to a fellow Veteran, I see it in my buisness also as there is a "given, unspoken respect" when you/they find out that you both have served in our Nations military, and have contributed to Freedom for all, even the idiots, the intellectually challenged,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 10-04-2004, 07:44 AM

Living here in OK.,and driving to Kansas City and back everyday allows me the opportunity to say thank you for your service to Mlitary Personnel I meet everyday.The more you thank them-the better you feel.Regadless of MOS or AFSC,all persons in uniform should be held in respect,since it is now an all volunteer Service
From cooks to sneakypetes,and everyone in between they all raised their hand in a oath to defend this nation
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR BRAVE TROOPS WORLDWIDE

INDECISION IS THE KEY TO FLEXIBILITY
Old 10-05-2004, 10:36 AM

Like they say most men are all brother's when the chips go down. Bob K nicely done for the 3 new Vets back home. I wish I'da been there but my family issues were in dire straights the last two weeks. Seems now they are back in order - God Willing.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 10-05-2004, 01:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Boats
Put it on your calender for next year. Its the 2nd or 3rd week in Sept. From Chicago its only about 21/2 hour drive. I'll buy you a beer
Bob K

God bless the ACLU