The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2004, 06:02 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question One?s Own Life!

Nearly every document that went into framing this nation speaks of human equality! However, words and best wishes alone - do not the truth make!

We The People, Liberty and Justice, All Men Are Created Equal and the like, can hardly account for the unnecessary suffering, the abject asses that inevitably rise to the top, and the preferential treatment afforded the favored few. And worse yet, an accident of birth in which a man or woman is born between silk sheets, or is bedded down between same, is hardly justification for slithering through life, making all that we come into contact with unhappy or ever miserable!

I once had a (now departed) relative say: ?Ruin someone else?s day, and your day is made!? Thank God that I have never adhered to this morbid philosophy, as in my book of ethics and integrity, this way of thinking is dead wrong and a plague upon the human soul! It must however be said (As Paul Newman echoed in the movie Harper): ?Unfortunately, the bottom is loaded with good people, as only cream and sonsabitches usually rise to the top!??

I personally detest this analogy, although sadly true in many cases, as it echoes a defeatist and fatalistic train of thought! And when a double standard is applauded within government, and readily accepted by the majority, human dignity always falls prey to the beast!

We are now at the end of yet another year of worldwide brutality, and as always, many people will again whitewash their consciences with short-lived resolutions and self-serving lies! ?But after all is said and done, a liar is nothing more than a liar!?

As Tiny Tim said in the immortal classic - A Christmas Carol: "GOD BLESS US, EVERYONE!"

VERITAS