Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2005, 08:54 AM

Smile Thnking about calling the school?

SCHOOL ANSWERING MACHINE

This is the message that the Pacific Palisades High School
(California) Staff voted unanimously to record on their school
telephone answering machine. This came about because they
implemented a policy requiring students and parents to be
responsible for their children's absences and missing homework.
The school and teachers are being sued by parents who want their
children's failing grades changed to passing grades even though
those children were absent 15-30 times during the semester and did
not complete enough school work to pass their classes.
This is the actual answering machine message for the school:

"Hello! You have reached the automated answering service of your
school. In order to assist you in connecting the right staff
member, please listen to all your options before making a
selection:

"To lie about why your child is absent - Press 1
"To make excuses for why your child did not do his work- Press 2
"To complain about what we do - Press 3
"To swear at staff members - Press 4
"To ask why you didn't get information that was already enclosed
in your newsletter and several flyers mailed to you - Press 5
"If you want us to raise your child - Press 6
"If you want to reach out and touch, slap or hit someone ? Press 7
"To request another teacher for the third time this year- Press 8
"To complain about bus transportation - Press 9
"To complain about school lunches - Press 0

"If you realize this is the real world and your child must be
accountable and responsible for his/her own behavior, class work,
homework, and that it's not the teachers' fault for your child's
lack of effort: Hang up and have a nice day!"

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you are reading it in
English - thank a Veteran.

My sister Chrissy sent me this - she drives a school bus and thought you guys would like it.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2005, 11:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Boats...

Thank your sister Chrissy very much.

However, and though very realistic and very funny,...it's a-hot-damn-shame that such is so-damn-true in so-damn-many schools in America

Hey,...never mind The Kiddies. The-bottom-line being that if America's Schooling in general keeps going DOWN that declining liberal path, and/or where EVERYONE (whether possible and likely: "Rocket Scientists" or plain old (actually young) dummies) GET AUTOMATICALLY PROMOTED or advanced simultaneously and no matter what,...EVERYONE and/or all of America suffers.

Also, teaching young impressionable minds that it's perfectly alright for: "Janey having TWO Mommies" and; "Johnny having TWO Daddies",...doesn't help America either.

Also, don't We Americans pay teachers SOLELY to teach?
We Americans don't pay anyone to quite asininely or missionary-like promote differing or minority lifestyles and/or in general promote: "Feel good" liberalism to children,...whether in Public Grade Schools, Public High Schools or Public Universities.
There are private and religious schools for such time wasting,...AT GREAT EXPENSE (financially, mentally and nationally).

Aren't there ALREADY enough of such Publicly Paid (and quite well at that) Liberal Missionaries within America's government and The Press/Media,...ALREADY??
So then, why also FORCE SUCH biasedly-preferrential nonsense on America's Children,...ALSO?

Neil :cd: :cd: :cd:
Old 01-12-2005, 11:21 AM

I can relate to that. Father was married 5X and Mother 4X. My youngest daughter 2X already and they all have had problems.
Wife and I have 39 years now - its been tough at time but I wouldn't have shit if it wasn't for her. Would I marry again - hell no - once around the block is enough and its too hard to teach me anymore new tricks.

Kids without same parents do suffer I know. You get this Love and Hate thing going and you don't understand why they don't understand you. It's tough today with all the peer pressure these kids put on one another. I have a grand-daughter whose father doesn't want to see her and its tough - shes been battling this for years. She Love's only one man and thats her Papa and that sad.

Schools are faced with very tough decisions and kids. These kids are old before they are young. They all carry heavy burdens that they don't understand and without constant parent attention to keep them on the straight and narrow they can drift and problems can arise. It's a very sad thing now a day's.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 01-12-2005, 11:30 AM

That recording is a great idea, but if anyone ever tried it in the LAUSD (Pacific Palisades is in the LA school district) both the teachers' union and the school board would probably ask that the offender be prosecuted under some dumb ass "hate crime" statute. The LAUSD has to be the most politically correct school district in the country. Of course, that's also the reason that their high school graduates can't read.