The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2005, 06:15 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question The Shaky-side Gets Even Shakier!

How in the world could even Harry Houdini Himself straighten up a mess that is (and has been for a long) accepted as being as bureaucratically straight as an arrow? Well don?t look now, but a portion of the Shaky-Side may be as unsteady as it can get without falling off of the continental shelve and into a financial abyss! (Opinion)

TWO RECENT CASES IN POINT -

It was just reported on the nightly news that a county-situated, child developement program, may be (at least partially) starving the kids that they are sworn to nourish, serve and protect?

What amazes me even more, however, is how a few within the upper echelon of a nearly $100,000,000 a year project can still list themselves as non-profit, while granting themselves extremely generous raises in pay? Raises, I might add, that are being self-gifted at the very same time that the pancakes that are being fed to hungry children in the area, are being cut in half in order to hold back on expenses!

Now add to this the reported fact (?) that some of the caring teachers at this program center for needy youngsters, are having to purchase (out of their own pockets), things as basic as paper and other needed school supplies, and you begin (if the story was correct) to smell a stinking polecat! "For who but a skunk (opinion), would (or even could) steal from needy and hungry children?

Case in point # 2 -

One heck of a squabble is in the works over a country club that is reported to have discriminated against women, right here in San Diego County!

It seems that this posh hangout of the affluent set, was denying membership to a well healed (?) woman who had applied with them for entrance into an exclusive area of that Club!

?Now here is where a huge fly enters the affluent matrix, again in my opinion!?

It was reported that at least one member of this club paid a whopping $50,000.00 to join this menagerie of big money, as well as footing the $60,000.00 in monthly dues!

OK says you - if the members have the big bucks to squander on keeping up with the Jones?, Rockefellers and Vanderbilts, that is their business! However, when this very same country club has rented some 240 (plus or minus) acres of San Diego Prime Real Estate from the City (and land in this neck of the woods don?t come cheap), for a reported (now get this) "$1000 A YEAR", then this ceases to become an issue of just male v female! It now appears to be a case of the ultra wealthy, regardless of sex, fighting over who gets to stick it to the common man first!

"How is the commoner getting shafted as a result of this sweetheart deal, you may be asking - well, I'll tell you how!!"

"Who do you think is picking up the tab on taxes and/or income not generated by this wonderfully endowed acreage? Certainly not the operators of this high-society country club I don't think?"

And from what I am seeing, this whole sweetheart deal was put together under the leadership of a former mayor, and according to the Powers That Be, it is as legal as consensual sex!

At a time when many of us have trouble even scrapping together $900 bucks a month for a run down apartment with a bedroom or two, and this habitat may be situated in anything but the best sections of town, the poor, under-privileged members of this country club are chomping at the bit to see what sex gets the most goodies!?

Well, I have yet another interesting question to pose to this exclusive country club? What are the names and positions of the people who currently patronize this idealistic bastion of the well healed? "I?ll bet that some interesting, and possibly even well-known, names could show up on this list of often pampered bonvivants!

You know, I keep hearing some of the upper crust complaining about the common man not paying his fair share, or expecting something for nothing? At $1000 a year rent for some 240 acres of pure San Diego Paradise - country club land that is restricted to the swells of society even though it is paid for by all of the people, I personally feel that those on top who are gripping the most, are themselves, the quintessential predators in the old pond of life!

At a time when, in my opinion, many a good politician is doing his (or her) damndest to pull California out of a long-standing financial quagmire, a good place to start would be to investigate "ALL" such "Sweetheart Deals!

Let us all hear the names of those involved in this $1000 a year give-away, and in the process, finally correct our past errors! "For after all is said and done, one can not address a wrong, unless he (or she) first admits that one exists!"

Did not our California Governor just say that legislators were spending $1.10 for every $1.00 that the State takes in, and I personally believe that this is quite possible! But could it be that all of this bureaucratic pork is not limited to the loins of the poor and the middle classes alone? This, unfortunately, was proven to my satisfaction by the scant rent that is being charged for a large chunk of "Grade-A San Diego Property!"

I personally, don't know of any in the mid to lower economic groups that could shell out a small fortune just to rub elbows with the (so-called) beautiful people at a posh country club, do you?

VERITAS