The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2005, 09:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Talking Bang up 4th

Well guys We went to the car races saturday night in Elma and talk about getting the most Bang for you buck that night had it all. Griz's car #7 won his heat race without much trouble and he blew away the track champion and things were looking very good going into the feature sprint main event. Little JJ was tearing up the track when a little smoke started on the back streach and by the time he got into turn 3& 4 we knew he blew his engine things looked bad. Butit soon got worse as he was entering the staight away in front of the grand stand one of the other cars got lost in the smoke and drove into JJ'S right rear tire it looked pretty bad and i'm sure JJ is a little sore today. The anounser said JJ was ok but the car was out for the night. that kid can really drive and I think by the time he grows up we will have another great Nascar driver from washington state. in the Motifieds a car got to high coming around turn 3& 4 and hit the wall and couldn't get off the wall because of speed and gravity and his car ruptured a fuel line or something because by the time he got it stoppedthe whole car was on fire. as he drove past us he had flames shooting threw the front window and out the back. his fire suit saved him and he got out of the car on his own and walked to the infield on his own power. then later in the race the # 9crowd favorite who led the whole race on the final lap the # 3 car took him out on turn 4 and gone on to the checkered flag. well # 9 pulls up along side of him as he is doing a sort of victory lap and they exchange words and pulled into the pits area out of sight of the crowd and I understand more the words were exchanged the at the finish line instead of# 3 the #27 car who was in third place got the trophy and the crowd was not happy because of the #3 car being disquilified. then in the final race of the night which was cruisers with a driver who has the sreering wheel and the brakes and a partner in the passanger seat who has the gas pedal, the are fun to watch well a coupe of the got hooked up on turn 2 and one of the cars rolled 4 1/2 times and stopped upside down the guys climbed out shaken up but walked away on their own to the ambelance for a curtisy ride to the pits. I next door neighbors at the river won the race and then we partyed most of the night. on sunday we did out fireworks show over 4,000 bucks worth of arials 1 1/2 hours continuious all right in front of us less the 100 feet away about 3 hundred people showed up for the show and no one was disipointed I do wish everyones 4th was as good as mine.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:13 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

CHRIS!
And you never even came down to the pits to console an old broken spirited buddy!!?Seriously,I was on the verge of tears.We sure had a car for them,didn`t we?That`s racin...finally,we did our job and put a really good set-up under JJ,and the damn motor grenades on us...GGGRRRRRRRrrr! Will take it up to the engine builder in Sedro Wooley tomorrow morning...doubt if we`ll have it back for this next race,mabe the following week.
Did you see the rod come flying out through the pan?Went flying straight towards the grandstands!
OUCH! This is going to cost some serious denaro to fix.

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:32 PM

Distinctions

Griz I thought I would let you greeve in peace my friend. we'll be back next week Doc and Tad from the 28 car cruiser class have a chance to sew up the championship next week they are very nice guys stop by and say hay when your there next time, Now my younger brother Mike is trying to talk me into building a cruiser class car and joining the fun. I just might you know you only live once.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sounds like a couple of "good ol' boys" talkin here! Wow Griz, sounds like you did have the car to beat until it let loose. Must have been Chevy powered. (time for me to duck!)

Wish I could have seen it. Chris....am envious you get to see the Paco Sponsered Car in action!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 07-05-2005, 05:25 AM

Default PACO,..

...YUR' PUSHIN IT AGAIN',... ,...

...THE BULLSHI+ THAT IS,...

...I've built small blocks that handle 8500 rpms, (normal is rated at 5500 max), that didn't come apart, so eat my taillight lights,...

Chapter #38
Troy N.Y
\"Home of Uncle Sam\"
Old 07-05-2005, 01:02 PM

Distinctions

Curtis my brother and me and his friend marty want to build a cruiser class race car send us a good front wheel drive with no more than a 3.8 engine and we'll let your chevy store sponcesor us . be sure to soup it up alittle thanks chris. Griz the 37 would look real sporty with the happyface and bullet hole.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Sounds to me like . . . .

Sounds to me like a bunch of big wheels going in big circles.

Keith
Old 07-05-2005, 07:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

did you see that HEMI big wheel at the Auto Show contest for Chrysler Engineers?
Now thats a Big Wheel all 4' of front wheel and a Hemi to boot
Old 07-06-2005, 06:45 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Could Be Worse

Looks like we might have got off easy on our motor.A crankshaft,couple of rods,and a piston and we`ll be back in buisiness.$3-4000.

Should have it back in time for the Evergreen State Sprint Challenge July 15 and 16.

Peace,Griz
Old 07-06-2005, 07:47 PM

Distinctions

Griz is that race up in Monroe?