The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2005, 10:17 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up A Day Of Hope!!

Some of you may believe that what I am about to relate is totally out of character for me. To you people I say, you really do not know or understand where I am coming from!

Granted, I raise Hell when I see things that are not right, for in reality, there are many more things wrong with society than there are right, in my opinion. But occasionally, I am deeply touched by people whose humanity would bring a gleam even to the eye of God! ?Yesterday was just such a day!?

Three things that occurred yesterday, dug deeply into my being, and as such I felt that they just needed to be shared.

I, like many of you, have been somewhat landlocked due to the disastrous gasoline prices and insatiable greed of a few segments of society. However, on a trip down the mountain to visit family, I was pleasantly surprised by several special occurrences that I felt that I had to share!

First off, I picked up my mother at the AMVETS store where she had taken a bus to pick up some clothes for my 4-year-old grandson. Behind the store, at the only parking place available, up against the wall, sat a young man, tattered and totally alone. A shopping cart by his side that held his worldly possessions, he was sitting there sketching a picture!

Knowing that this gentleman was homeless, I offered him what money I had (it was not much and he did not ask for anything). The young gent, apparently overcome with appreciation, opened up a folder that lay upon the ground at his side and proudly offered me a choice of the pictures that he had worked upon! I have the one that I chose upon my wall right now in fact!

Apparently, not all of our homeless are bums, and the way that things are going, many more of us may be in that position before things get better, especially if our leadership continues to cater to foreign demands and the greed of our own super wealthy, while ignoring the crippling plight of our own!!

After picking up my mother, I dropped her off at her small apartment. She immediately reached into her bag and came out with a new bottle of glucosamine, a medicine that I need but can rarely afford, for my deteriorating joints! This medicine is not cheap, and my mother, in her 80s, is on extremely limited income! Granted, she is my mother, but the thought behind this gift still touched me deeply!

Lastly, after dropping off my mother, I went over to my son?s apartment a few miles away. While there, my 4 year old grandson who they say is mildly autistic and has speech problems, but is as giving and as bright as a shinny new penny, grabbed up my wife by the arm and led her over to the refrigerator.

My wife figured that he wanted some juice or water, but instead, the lad took hold of a baby bottle filled with milk and walked over to his little sister sitting upon the carpet and handed her the bottle!

As I said above, rarely do I relate such things, but these three incidents touched even me in a remarkable way and I just had to relate them to all of you!!

VERITAS
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links