The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2005, 10:37 AM

Default What do you guys think of this Judge Roberts?

I kinda like him. Not because he's young but because he's so damn good. No notes and he has a good demeanor about the law and what it stands for. I don't' know why the Democrat's want this guy out.

Ya know Congress makes the law not him. He just interrupts the law they give him.

Your thoughts.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2005, 10:50 AM

We certainly could do worse.
I was impressed by his comment that one of our most important freedoms is to be left alone by the g'ment.
The Democrats don't want this guy out "some Democrats" do and so do some Republicans.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:55 AM

I'm sure your right but the ACL and others sure want him out and I don't know why? I guess we will know Thursday unless they have a filibuster - which means he'd need 60 votes to be confirmed. Right now all he needs is 51 the majority from what I've been hearing.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 09-19-2005, 11:27 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Teh democrats want him out just because Bush nominated him....that simple. They don't stop to think what kind of a judge he would be.

I was a little iffy on him in the beggining mainly because I didn't know much about him. After learning more I think he will do fine. To bad some of the idiots in there already can't be replaced. The Supreme Court seems to me to be way to liberal.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Boats

Maybe it was a Freudian slip, but I too wish more laws were 'interrupted'!

Judge Roberts is opposed by that same group of people who condoned the seizure of private property by other private citizens. He, like many other constitutional experts, cannot find the so-called privacy rights around which the abortion decions was reached. Judge Roberts would not deem it a wonderful thing to outlaw the words, "... one Nation, under God...." from the Pledge of Allegiance, nor would he countenance a lawsuit that would strike "In God we Trust" from our money. What the liberals can't stand is for a justice to actually use the U.S. Constitution as the basis from which judicial decisions are based, instead of what some bizarre and obscure ruling from a court in Zimbawe.

He will be confirmed overwhelmingly by the United States Senate, and will make an outstanding chief justice of the Supreme Court.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-19-2005, 12:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

If I need my truck fixed, I?ll probably not take it to a wrecking yard where there are guys with cutting torches and a squish machine lurking about. And so it is with the interpretation of the law. If we want freestyle, Bull Durham, make it up as ya go, screw the legislatures, screw the Constitution, screw the voters type of Supreme Court Judges, then Judge Roberts is very definitely a bad choice. But, on the other hand, Judge Roberts is a good choice if there is a desire for ethical, logical and scholarly respect for the law.

Let?s see, decisions, decisions. Which appears to be the best course of action? Maybe the best thing to do, as always, is watch what TJ and Boss Tweed Teddy do and do the exact opposite. That is usually a winner.

Scamp
Old 09-19-2005, 12:14 PM

Bidden and Kennedy were really fixated on making their points rather then understand the reasons the Judge couldn't make a personal gesture. He has to remain neutral at all times or stand down from any judgment's as a conflict of interest would take precedence.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 09-19-2005, 03:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I say he should be confirmed too
Old 09-20-2005, 07:21 AM
Robert J Ryan

Default Here Comes the Judge

I like the fact he didn't play politics with the dems or reps on the board. I like the fact that he said "If the law says the little guy wins, then little guy wins. If the law says the big guy wins, then the big guy wins". Means he believes in what the law says, not what people want him to say. Confirm him.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:37 AM

What I am finding out is that I'm not alone in my thinking. I appreciate all the feedback on this after all this guy will be in office long after I become dust.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"